So my 8th Gen is already in the shop...

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
I've had the car since last November and it has 9,400 miles on it. For the past month or so, the car hasn't wanted to let me start it right away. I guess it doesn't recognize any of the keys the dealer gave me, so it is cutting fuel from the car, preventing me from going anywhere. It doesn't happen all the time, but at least once a day, where it cuts fuel at least a dozen times before letting me drive away. Everytime it does this, the green key symbol shows up saying the saftey cut off has been activated.

So I take the car into Honda, who looks at me like a deer in the headlights while I explain this to them. It's been there for two days now, and it seems like there has been no progress at all. Everytime I call them I feel like I'm at square one, trying to explain the whole problem over again.

Anyways - just my rant. Anyone else had problems with yours yet??

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'd read up on the lemon laws if i were you just in case it keeps happening =)

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
Ya, i have the worst luck with cars. My last car was nothing but problems because of the mods the guy did to it. So I trade it in for a NEW HONDA hoping to get quality

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think mines is getting gay like that cause when i go to unlock the car it starts hoonking like the alarm was not on at all.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
So the car was there for two days and all they did was reprogram the keys. I honestly don't think this is gonna make it work correctly now, but we'll see. Even as they were explaining to me what they did to make sure it works now, I knew they didn't understand what the problem was in the first place.

Either way, if it works - I'm good. If it does it again, It's going right back in and then me and Honda have a problem.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
9,400 miles?? Holy crap, I have less than 8,000 miles on my car and had it for 16 months..

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Daily drivers. miles add up fast. I've had mine since January, and it has about 6500 miles on it. Problems? you betcha. Oil was leaking like CRAZY until my first oil change. IT mysteriously stopped.

The mud shield, i guess you could call it, broke. It's that little plastic thing underneath the front bumper/radiator area of the car. The clips just fell out on the freeway one day, and scared me to death, because all I heard was scraping. Basically went to Honda, they ordered the parts (which took a week) and they fixed it in about an hour, under warranty. No hassles with the dealership, but I find it total crap that something like that would happen to a brand new car.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
You would think that buying a new car would give you some kind of peace of mind, ya? Apparently not.

Reason my miles are running up so quick is school. I only go twice a week but it's 50 miles each way, so I'm driving 800 miles alone to school and back a month.

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
9,400 miles?? Holy crap, I have less than 8,000 miles on my car and had it for 16 months..
Ha, I got mine December 17, 2005, just a little over 5 months, I have over 11,000 miles on it lol.

Hope that your keys work now though!

tim

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's still the first generation of this model, so you have to give it a little bit of a break.

there are going to be problems.. it's inevitable.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the transponder key s**t in new hondas piss me the f**k off... we had to get a remote starter for the pilot(it's a must, wont survive winter without it) and it took us like 7 tries to get it right and it's still wrong. The alarm basically does nothing now but the starter works great. LOL.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only problem i've had was i blew all the speakers. but that was the first day of the new tool album. but it was fixed under warranty

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My ex used to have the EXACT same problem with his car. We could stop to get gas for exampe (showing the car didn't have to cool down. it could happen after a couple days of not driving or after we just turned it of).

Anyway, say we go to get gas. Turn off the car and gas it up. get back in, insert the key and on the cluster the little "SECURITY" light would light up.

Never did get rid of that problem to my knowledge. We theorize that dirt would get onto the key transponder and then when the key was inserted it would get on the part in the ignition. And well, that's kind of hard to clean out.

This was all on his '93 Firebird Formula. Might just be a problem with any cars with transponders.

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
Well Honda had it for two days, claimed they fixed it...and it happened twice today before I went to work. I'm taking it back in on Monday, I don't care if they have to replace the whole control module, but it's gonna get fixed.

I understand if there are some recalls here and there for new models, but to leave me completely stranded at times randomly is unacceptable.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mna that sux, I have had ZERO problems but I guess I just got lucky. This is the penalty of a new model. Good luck let us know how it turns out

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just bought another lx for my girl and I asked the honda why it does that and they are oretty aware of the problem but since all they have to do is reprogram they told me just bring it in anytime it happends. Thats bullshit no one has time to go back and fourth to them I bet they are going to start recalling them because of it. So I basically have to worry about it on two of them .

EXTrevski

5+ Year Member
Here's an update:

I took my car in this weekend, one week from the last time it was in. I brought it in on Friday and got a call Monday telling me the car is ready. I get there and I'm waiting for about 45 minutes wondering what was taking so long...then finally someone comes out and asked if I needed a rental car. Apparently over the last three days they did EXACTLY what they did the first time I brought it in, and when they were getting ready to pull it out, it wasn't starting on them either. So now I have a rental car, they are ordering a new immobilizer, and I they said I could have the car back tonight...if i'm lucky i guess. We'll see what happens from here.

Technically this is the 3rd time the car has been in the shop. If I have to bring it in again, would 4 times be considered a "reasonable" amount of times I've had it brought in? If it is I may have to start looking into the lemon law.