So pretty sure my girls car got jacked..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty sure you say?

well here is the story of my super shitty 4th of july(seems that something bad always happens to me on this day)
11:30am we take my girlfriends car to the end of where we are going to float which is at twenty four road. the nice thing about grand junction is that the roads are all named by the mile marker. well we started floating at 32 road, so our float was 8 miles long, which takes about 5 hours on the river..

so there is the colorado river that goes right through my town(the colorado river in colorado? no way), and we decided to go float the river in tubes. so four tubes later and two mattress style rafts, myslef my girlfriend her friedn and friends boyfriend head to inflate the tubes at the gas station. we get to the gas station, and two of the tubes are completely blown out. luckily we had two more, so we got that problem fixed.

we start airing up the tubes when this guy walked up to me with his nose broken and bleeding out of every possible place you can bleed on your upper body. he asked me if i would run in the convenience store and get him some water to clean off with. he gave me a couple bukcs, i grabbed my keys, and ran inside. my gf was already in line, so i just grabbed another water and handed it to her. she of course gave a me a super weird look like wtf, but the guy had asked me not to say anything. so we get him the water and he tells us he is on probation and cant report him getting his ass kicked. we then got him some paper towels and some aspirin and he went on his way. a good deed done for the day, so we were pretty stoked about that..

we get the tubes inflated, and head to the river which is about two miles from my house. driving there, we lose a tube in the highway and it rolls across four lanes and the median to end up in opposite traffic. some guy pulls over and his kid jumps out and grabs the tube and puts it in the back of his truck. we are running after him and yelling hey f**ker, thats our tube..the guy turned around and brought it back to us...this definately made me feel a little better about society, since i am very skeptical anyway. we gave the guy a beer and said thank you. on to the river we go.

so we have 2 coolers full of alcohol. bud light, coors light. modelo and some wine coolers for the ladies. there was one tube for each cooler. you kinda put the coolers in the hole of the tubes and they float really well, for those of you who dont know or have never floated the river..

right off the bat, one of the coolers breaks and we have to throw all the beer out of that one on these mattress floatie things that they got. these things are like the size of a queen size bed, so there was plenty of room.. so everything is going good and then the weather starts to turn. ross, my girlfriends friends boyfriend decides he has to take a s**t and get off the tube to get on shore. needless to say you cant really just stop in the middle of the river especially in the current that this river has. well we decide to try and stop because there is no way he would have ever caught up to us, so we get it stopped, and we must have pulled weird on one of the tubes because the other cooler fell through the hole and we lost all of our beer and my keys to both cars, the house and the mailbox. not to mention the beer opener which is the whole reason i put the keys in the cooler to open berr ya know? well stupidist thing i ever did. we lost everything but the like 14 beers that were on the mattress. ok, figured it really wasnt that big of a deal, i had extra keys and its just beer ya know?

well then we continue down the river, the weather turns to s**t and it starts lightning and raining. the worst spot you want to be is on a river during a light storm, so we decide to get off asap. too bad this isnt for like another thirty minutes before we can get a spot to get out. by this time we are all freezing and the spot we were supposed to get out was like 5 miles away and through town. so we borrow a guys phone and call a friend to come get us. too bad he isnt from the area and has no idea where to come. he gets lost and it takes him over an hour to come get us. finally he finds us and we head home to get showered figuring we would go get my girls car after we got done since we were going to a bbq at their house and u have to go right by where the car was to get to their house.

luckily my gf had her keys in her purse which was in ross's truck. we get all showered up and head to get her car. by this time the sun was out of course and it was hotter than two rats f**king in a wool sock. we get to her car and i start to yell at her that she left her wheels turned. she knows not to do this, and says she didnt leave them turned. didnt really think anything of it. gave her a kiss, told her i loved her and she got out of my car and went to get in her car. when she went to unlock the door, it woulnt unlock, but it locked. she thought this was kinda weird and then unlocked the door and got ready to get in. i was getting ready to take off, when she screams OH YOU MUTHERFUCKERS! i instntly stop and get out of my car. the radio is gone and so is my audiobahn sub, box, and amp out of the back. all of the locks were completely f**ked up. we called the cops and they said an officer would be calling us back to make a report for our insurance. so we wait for a call. then we decide to call them back and tell them we want finger prints taken. so we head to the police station(i hate cops) and get finger prints.. too bad the car had been wiped pretty much clean.

while at the police station, another car showed up and they had had their s**t taken too. we got to talking to the guy because we knew him. he had a badass turbo baby blue crx. he asked us when we had dropped the car off, and we told him about noon. he then went on to tell us that he had seen the car driving at like 3:30 or four(guess what, we were still on the river). the thing is is that her car is very spotttable, and it has the only pair of blades in town. and i mean people who drive hondas and know each other kinda pay attention to that stuff ya know? well they were down by the river and didnt really think anything about it until later at the station.

so we started think wtf and then things started to come together.. seems they broke in and stole the car, took it somewhere, actually drove it for like 80 miles and then jacked the s**t and brought it back. the reasons we know this are
1. obviously someone saw it driving.
2. when she pulled the car in, the wheels were turned straight. when we came back, they were turned hard to the left. which is the exact opposite way we turned into the spot.
3. the car was left in fourth, and she leaves it in 1st with the e-brake on
4. the car had to have been started to put 80 miles on it and to move the wheels since the wheels lock without the ignition on when you turn the wheels of course.

thing we dont understand is how they started the car without f**king up the ignition or anything?
so here is my rant. i'll see if i forgot anything.. i am going to need to start a fund since pretty sure the insurance aint gonna cover s**t
chris

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks .... i got kinda of a similar story

me and the homies also floated the local river yesterday .... we rolled in my boys 93 240sx. Parked up the street from the launch. My boy with the 240 parked right behind a 95 accord which some girls had. My boy leaves the stereo face on, and hella other s**t in plain view, i guess he figured the busy ass street was enough of a detterant. So we get back and the girl with the accord is outside crying and we ask whats wrong, she says they took the stereo, and all their clothes and purses out the trunk ... broke in clean didnt break the window they musta slim jimmed it .... and the 240 was UNTOUCHED!!! Not even an attempt to get inside at all .... makes me glad we were in his 240 even though the car was small and cramped as f**k cause im sure they prob woulda jacked my s**t out the integra.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, the radio in my girls car was f**ked up. had to put a quarter and a nickel in between the face and the trim piece to hold it in. when you hit a bump, it would fall out. i guess she said she hit a bump and it fell off and she was just going to put it back in the glove bow, but decided not too.

weird thing is that they didnt take the cds or anything and there was like 500 or more of them..
just a shitty day.

there are so many people that park out there, its kinda wonder how they did it.

how would they get the car started, everything is fine?
chris

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe they had one of those master keys i hear about? .....

i was hella glad when my integra was broken into in march in front of my house that they didnt take my cds .... thats the worst cause then you get a new system and you got nothin to slump on it.

whats with these thevies stealin old ass decks though .... mine was a 2 year old panasonic that had a street value of maybe $50 (i paid $110 on ebay)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya she paid 5 bucks for the sony deck she had.
shitty thing is i just put the amp and sub back in her car two days ago.
2400 watt audiobahn...
f**kers..
ya maybe they had a key, but why did they f**k up the locks? just to make us think they didnt drive it?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so they f**ked up the locks ..... maybe hotwired it somehow? Cause i remember my dad hotwiring our old 90 ford bronco one time when there was somethin wrong with the ignition .... but that brings us back to the keys cause they would have to get past the steering lock somehow.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, we thought that someone had taken one of her spares that she keeps in her purse, and when we checked her purse, they were gone.

then we got home, and she checked her other purse and they were in there, thank god.

i just dont get it.
we feel really violated ya know. she wants to sell the car now. cant trust it being anywhere, since its obviously so easy to steal..told her i would get power locks in it and get an alarm. she was like why? so they can steal the alarm?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i almost sold my integra after i put in the new window after it was broken into .... and i even bought a 94 civic to fix up and drive and just play it low key (its an lx with 223k which i was going to swap a new motor into) .... but then relaised i love this car too much

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, its her baby. she has had a few good offers for it b4, and she turns them down. i always tell her she could get two of them for what she has been offered, but its amazing how attached you can get to an inanimate object..
she wants an is300, so maybe we will get her one, who knows

DarkFox

5+ Year Member
man, thats f**ked up. at least they bought it back instead of taking it for good. better to have something instead of nothing.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, kinda. better to feel violated or collect a check and get something new?
kind of a toss up..
she just got home, and i checked all the wiring..
looks fine
chris

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn you guys have full coverage on 5th gens? I got lib only on my integra and its the #1 most stolen car.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so wait, you're saying that she usually has a spare key in her purse which was in the Ross' truck. The key was gone and the car was f**ked with. You don't even wonder about Ross?

Hell if I wanted to cover some tracks I'd f**k up the locks to make it look like I broke into it after my buddy let me know that there was a key sitting in his truck while he and the owner are taking a trip down the river. Think about it. Ignition unharmed/unfucked with, 5th gen locks (notoriously easy to get through) are all f**ked up. You don't f**k up the easy locks and then leave the ignition unscathed, doesn't add up. And you know what? That key is still out there.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but it would definately be something I would look in to.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ good thinking. alarms, kill switches and quick releases detur(sp?) a lot of theives. get some kill switches since they are very cheap and easy to put in

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
so wait, you're saying that she usually has a spare key in her purse which was in the Ross' truck. The key was gone and the car was f**ked with. You don't even wonder about Ross?

Hell if I wanted to cover some tracks I'd f**k up the locks to make it look like I broke into it after my buddy let me know that there was a key sitting in his truck while he and the owner are taking a trip down the river. Think about it. Ignition unharmed/unfucked with, 5th gen locks (notoriously easy to get through) are all f**ked up. You don't f**k up the easy locks and then leave the ignition unscathed, doesn't add up. And you know what? That key is still out there.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but it would definately be something I would look in to.
no, the keys were in her other purse at our house. ross was with us when we were on the river..
ya had a push button start on my last car, and it was one of the best things ever..
chris

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you watched Ross take a dump? :lol:

But what a shitty day. Sorry to hear about the break in tho. :( Thieves need to be humilitated and go back to school to learn right from wrong again.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, he got out of the river and went behind a bush.

another shitty thing happened to my friend today..
he has a badass lil pit bike, one of those fifties with a 110cc motor in it. well it has metal mulisha graphics and black plastics on it.
well, someone broke into his house and stole it this morning while he was at work..
pretty much i think i have the worst luck, and people that know me just get f**ked constantly.
chris

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all this in grand junction? Seemed like a sleepy ok town when i went there back in 2004

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. Getting jacked is one of the worst feelings in the world.

But I don't know about a fund :???:

s**t happens, if it wasn't under insurance you gotta bite the bullet... Same s**t happened to me, I had an in-dash demolished in an attempted jacking. You jus gotta trail off and lick your wounds. When you install mobile electronics you have to assess the risk. No matter what you do it can get stolen, often much easier than you expect.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its weird but some 5th and 6th gen keys will work on different cars then the cars they are intended for. Not sure if thats how they did it, but who knows.