SOHC vtec question.....

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16y8 3r racing exhaust aem cold air intake, and a ls tranny. and would purchasing a vtec controller for $120 and tunning the vtec be worth it? considering it being a sohc?
Am i the only one confused by the LS transmission? haha

But yeah man they all hit the nail pretty much on the head, d series are garbage unless you plan to turbo, and sohc vtec is just half assed vtec anyway. Save up for a swap if you want more power, or like said above turbo it. No point wasting more cash on the engine if your not gonna be satisfied with the end result.

HondaWoman1207

My honda has a vtec but its over heating everytime I drive it but it is not the head does anyone have any suggestions

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
My honda has a vtec but its over heating everytime I drive it but it is not the head does anyone have any suggestions
would you please make your own thread and we can help you from there, thread jacking isnt cool and makes it tough for usto help two other people with two problems in one thread

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so swapping heads just to have a TINY shift in the powerband seems like a waste of time/money to me and can be better spent elsewhere, like taco bell
follow this little piece of advice beacuse it is the best advice ever hahahaha

back on topic. i agree with what everyone else has said... You can't do much to inprove vtec on a d series except get a crappy ebay filter that flows like crazy but filters like crap so you can hear it better but I don't recomend that because then you'll get all sorts of sh!it up in you engine, and thats never good.

emerican

Registered VIP
Unless you have a dyno to tune in on then there is no point in adjusting the vtec on it. Vtec is set by honda to engage at the best point possibe for the stock motor. Unless the motor is far from stock and you have a dyno to prove that adjusting it actually makes it better than you should leave it alone honda put it at the most effective point and with no way to prove adjusting it actually makes it better then its a waste.
Thats just my opnion to correctly adjust it you at least need a dyno to see if adjusting it is actually hurting it or helping it.