Some issues

chaboicrosby

So I recently bought a 1991 Honda Civic and I've been having some issues with it lately. Sometimes like when it's early in the morning and hasn't been running for awhile it runs like complete garbage and it shuts off at random moments and the check engine light comes on and when it's warm and has been running for awhile it's like nothing ever happened and it works perfect. I have no idea what could be going on to fix it. Any help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaboicrosby

Hey boofoo I read the code and it's 4 and 8 and I'm not sure what that means. I'll post the video

chaboicrosby

Not sure how to reset the ecu but I was driving home tonight and it kept wanting to just quit on me and I basically had to drive it in first gear just to get home. It was awful. I've read that it could be the bearing in the distributor that is bad and I should just get a new one. Not sure what to do.

chaboicrosby

Why would I want to reset the ecu? I already know that the car is messed up so what would resetting the ecu do? Just so U know I'm really curious and just want to learn as much as I can about it.

chaboicrosby

True. Not sure where to go from here though. I can't even find a place to buy the sensor itself. Would I have to just replace the distributor?