Some kills in the civic

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had some fun in the civc tonight. We had 4 races tonight. First race was a 96 rs automatic eclipse with intake and exhaust. We started from a dead stop with him. We took off first gear is is right beside us, second gear we start to walk away, before the car shifted into 3rd we had 2 cars on him. Second race was an old late 790's nova. He thought he would walk away from us, well he found out that an auto civic can keep half a fender on him. Third race was a new 02 eclipse gt v6. When that race was over with he had 4 cars on me(damn auto tranny). Fourth race was another automatic rs with itnake and exhaust. He kept up better than the other eclipse, but found out that an auto civic can walk him top end. LOL :twisted:

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Were these the AUTO-ONLY races? lol

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i can keep with eclipse gsx's (AWD turbo)...why you get an auto civic? i dont get why people buy auto's unless they are real old, or a woman.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "DLS TekNiQue"

yea i can keep with eclipse gsx's (AWD turbo)...why you get an auto civic? i dont get why people buy auto's unless they are real old, or a woman.
yeah autos suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my friend has a 2001 civic ex and he only runs a 17.8, while a stick 2001 ex can run mid 16's, thats what a 2000 si runs!!!!!!!!!!!

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My g'fs car ran 17.7@75 stock. I wouldn't talk to much Dl. Your car is only 3 tenths faster than hers in the 1/8 last time we went to the track in april, with only a cai, muffler, header and 43lb 17's. As far as you out running or keeping up with awd dsms. i doubt you are running healthy dsms. A stock one will run 9.7 to 10.0 in the 1/8 stock.An auto is more consistent than a manual tranny is.

With 14's on the auto civic and the current mods, it should run 10.3 to 1.6 in the 1/8 mile. It is still internally stock and no port work.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i should be hitting low 10's in the 1/8, but our track here sucks. everyone runs less then their car's potentila. and im sorry there is no way your g/f's car even comes close to comparing to mine. ive raced a 98 civic ex coupe with header, cold air intake, and exhaust, and it was stick, and i smoked his ass. i think youre overexagerating just a little there buddy. and in a week my car will be running low 9's on the 1/8 and high 14's on the 1/4..

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and by the way the GSX eclipse was stick and it was running perfectly...i even filmed it...if i just knew how to post it on the net, then i could show you

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fo sho. i started about 4 weeks ago, and ive raced there 3 fridays in a row...i dont know if im goin this friday...do you?

my AOL instant messenger name is: DLS TekNiQue

hit me up on it if you have it

96y8Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've owned turbo dsms for awhile. I never had any civic( even my friend with a crx(d16a6 si) with a greddy kit at 6lbs no i/c) keep up with it, from a stop or roll. That was with just a k&n drop in filter, gutted cat and a different muffler.

Ok, the reason i am comparing the auto to your car is how close they are in times, last track visit. I'll be more than glad to post another time slip, after we install the cam and run on some 14in wheels. That should put her car into low 10's as well and still be an auto.

Everyone that knows me, knows i don't exagerate anything, i almost speak my mind and the truth.

Go to this site. www.cars-ce.com. that is a local site here in al. mostly imports. You can learn something from them.

How much money have you spent in the port work, ecu, cam, tb, and what ever else you have top run low 10's in the 1/8? Also is that setup with a gude cam?

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havent put my cam in yet or header or cold air intake...those will complete my car...they go in within 2 weeks as well as some 17"s. ill post my new times once i have my cam in. and i think youre forgetting i have a dx...her ex is 127 hp stock with vtec, mine is 102 stock with no vtec.

MX-6

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dog theres no way your gonna hit low 9's...Have you had your car dynoed?? If your starting out at 102 hp then your not gonna get as much hp out of your mods that this dudes g/f is specially if she's already starting out at 127 hp....btw lows 9's equal to a high 13 low 14 1/4 mile time...sorry I know I'm new and all but not gonna happen....

bigbacon2

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for sure mx-6 i was about to drop an h22 into my 98 civic and that would run a low 14 with 200 horse power in that car, so i dont think so not to hate or nothin but also there is no way u can keep up witha gsx 2 reasons almost double your horsepower plus its awd meaning wholeshot right off the line maybe u didnt lose by much but there is a differece if your keeping up, keeping up means like 2 car lenghts and i doubt that just my s**t tho

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kept up side by side, totally even with the gsx for your info...i even got it on video.

and no i havent dynoed my car yet, or ran it since i did my recent mods (cam, header).

oh and for your info...low 9s on 1/8 = mid - high 14s on the 1/4 :D

i will be taking it to a 1/4 mile track once i get it tuned properly for the cam i just put in. that should be in 3 weeks to a month...so we will see then :D

MX-6

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would definatel love to see a timeslip when you go to the track....