somewhat tech...perhaps not...but civic related

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i didnt consider this tech related in any way but mods feel free to move this if u think it is or if it becomes tech related

anyways, my buddy's brother got an aem sri for his 98 ex. i have a no name eBay 2 piece intake for my 99 ex. and as a side note just to confirm for those that might not know, we both have the same engine. now, his intake diameter is obviously is 2.5" since its brand name and they size em according to the make/model. but my no namer is 2.75", which is the SI and not EX. i notice that mine sounds more throaty than his....like...WAY more throaty. his sounds so weak compared to mine. even when im goin 40 in 5th and i floor it, its so throaty and loud. his barely sounds throaty even in high rpm's. u can hear the vtec crossover in both just as well, its just mine is so much louder and more throatier than his.

is there a reason for this? i figured it had to do something with my intake being slightly wider but i have no idea

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So a post about a car part and what it does to a car .......

is not tech?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not asking about the part or what it does to the car.

im just wondering why mines louder thats all. i figured it wasn't tech related since it just has to do with how something sounds

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
im not asking about the part or what it does to the car.

im just wondering why mines louder thats all. i figured it wasn't tech related since it just has to do with how something sounds
The size and mill of the interior of the piping, also the weight of the metal, the thickness, the kind of metal, the casting process .... all of these play a factor in resonance.

Wow, that sounded pretty technical to me.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and if he posted it in the tech area someone would have had something to say about that to. ^^what happened to when you used to be helpful without being a sarcastic bastard??

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92EH9 said:
and if he posted it in the tech area someone would have had something to say about that to. ^^what happened to when you used to be helpful without being a sarcastic bastard??
Nope, I would have been perfectly helpful if he posted it in the right place.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha... more air= louder, thats why your puny stock air box didnt make any noise...
ever heard of this lil thing called suction? no?
put your face on your vacuum and turn it on..
tech=answered...
hehe
chris

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It certainly is sucking....TIME TO UNPIMP ZE AUTO!!!!!!