Sound System Recommendation

damage626

Pho Life
Hi im looking to upgrage my stock sound system to something more appealing, I love having the bass loud, but not too loud, just perfect. Im not looking to shake other peoples car windows are making the cops pissed at me. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What is your price range and what parts are you interested in replacing?

damage626

Pho Life
I want to replace my front and back speakers, hoping to add amp and sub, i don't know what my price is yet, though

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Polk audio makes great speakers for a budget, and as far as a sub, A diamond audio in the right box would give you perfect quality and boom!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I put polk in my current car, not too happy. It might be the stock head unit. If you are keeping the stock head unit, I had a good experience with pioneer.

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay forget diamond subs. Go American bass subs with a crunch amp, Alpine audio in the rear and maybe JL or Alpine in the front. sounds amazing! and if you get it for the right prices you could probably get it all for 600 including wiring and the box and everything

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your best bet is amazon.com. They have great prices, much better than best buy.

baller_ivy

5+ Year Member
man go with pioneer they make the best stuff get a 10' sub and a 800 watt amp and you good

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is hilarious, everyone is just "name dropping" and I can almost guarantee that the brands they are repping are the only equipment they have ever listened too. Most of the brands mentioned are respectable, but remember, everyone makes low and high end equipment. And what has not been mentioned has been the importance of the quality of the install; that is going to make or break the system regardless of equipments. Not one person has mentioned sound deadening, not one person has specifically mentioned a sub box built to spec, not one person has mentioned the importance of proper driver placement, etc. Honestly if you're on that low of a budget, you're better off doing it in steps; that's not enough cash to work with the get a "sound system" that is just "perfect". Please locate a good installer in your area and go from there, no matter how much someone tells you you can DIY or have a buddy do it, if you care about your car and system, someone who does it for a living will do it a hell of a lot better than you. At the end of the day, your money goes a lot farther when the right equipment is put in right the first time.

damage626

Pho Life
This is hilarious, everyone is just "name dropping" and I can almost guarantee that the brands they are repping are the only equipment they have ever listened too. Most of the brands mentioned are respectable, but remember, everyone makes low and high end equipment. And what has not been mentioned has been the importance of the quality of the install; that is going to make or break the system regardless of equipments. Not one person has mentioned sound deadening, not one person has specifically mentioned a sub box built to spec, not one person has mentioned the importance of proper driver placement, etc. Honestly if you're on that low of a budget, you're better off doing it in steps; that's not enough cash to work with the get a "sound system" that is just "perfect". Please locate a good installer in your area and go from there, no matter how much someone tells you you can DIY or have a buddy do it, if you care about your car and system, someone who does it for a living will do it a hell of a lot better than you. At the end of the day, your money goes a lot farther when the right equipment is put in right the first time.
I feel you man, thats for the info, i wanted to see whats brands are good or not. Anyways you are right, i should go to a store and ask :D

baller_ivy

5+ Year Member
man i install systems thats why i said that but go to a store and see what they say eskateboarding7 is right on that

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stay away from bestbuy, they really dont know whats going on, but anyways, if you really dont know a whole lot about car audio, take it to a sound shop in town, better to hear from someone that does it for a living you know ;)

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually, i have had many experiences with audio, and know what im talking about, what i meant is even the cheapest of diamond and polk are a decent upgrade from stock. and he can do it himself, withh alf a brain. Tuning a sub right is the most difficult part. Just make sure you get the proper box AND amp for your sub. I could go into more detail but i need to know your budget and EXACTLY what you are going for. Try sonicelectronix.com

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And if you go to a store and ask, remember they wanna make money.

damage626

Pho Life
yeah i asked around my family members told me they rip you off, but hey its professional work, I know bestbuy is crap, i asked about something and the guy didnt even know what he was talking about -_-

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honestly, check out sonicelectronix.com
they have great prices and are very reliable. If you tell me your budget, speaker sizes, sub size, and what kinda sound your goin for ill set up a couple options for you. Also do you need a deck?
Let me know this stuff ill help you out.

damage626

Pho Life
I can probably go around ~300$ anything lower is nice, my two front speakers are 6" and the two back ones are 6x9, i dont know much about sub sizes, i just want a little bump to my music :D p.s what is a deck? sorry im new to this.

damage626

Pho Life
anyone know about Infinity car audio? i remembered one of my old friends having a system from them, it was nice xD

PS sorry for double posting!

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Infinity is pretty decent stuff, but like weve said alot of it depends on the install. Is your radio stock, or do you have an aftermarket cd player? I can work with $300 but if you need to get a cdplayer you wanna up your budget a bit