Sounds like a problem

Big Dan

I have a 94 coupe with a D16Z6 with a Y8 head, DNX 4 into 1 header, and some no name aftermarket exhaust system with no cat. Today when I started it, the engine sounded like a Subaru WRX Sti. I live in Ohio, and it was in the low 30's. Would outside temps have any affect on the engine/exhaust? It also wasn't as loud as it was yesterday and I seem to have a loss in power. Any ideas??

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change the plugs first

Cobl18

Registered VIP
mine sounded like this when i had misfires due to bad wires. almost sounds like you threw a cam in your engine right?

Cobl18

Registered VIP
when i say threw a cam, i mean installed a cam not like broke it haha sorry for the vague description^^

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check the spark plug wires and make sure they're hooked up to the right spark plugs. Change out the plugs if nothing changes. Then I would say move onto the spark plug wires then distributor from there.

Big Dan

Yes, like a misfire. It stopped on my way home while sitting in traffic. But while sitting at a stoplight, it started to miss a little. Then it hit me. DUH!! Plugs and wires! I had a similar issue with my '02 Accord. It was a cracked spark plug. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!! I know I'll be back with more questions as I get deeper into my "new" project/daily driver!!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
glad to hear you got it working good :thumbup:

Big Dan

Well I haven't got it taken care of yet. But I'm pretty sure that's what the culprit is. Stupid 10 hour work shift. Gives me no time for my sweet little civic!

emerican

Registered VIP
let us know if that fixes it and im glad its something simple.
I would just go ahead and do a full tune up on it prolly at least plugs,wires cap and rotor since its obvisly been a while.