Spark plugs different diameter sizes

a23zelaya

So I’m having this issues where these spark plugs are the same part number and everything but if you look closely at the thread diameter one is thicker than the other. The thicker diameter spark plug only threads into one cylinder while the thinner one would thread to all other 3 , idk I’m new to the automotive world and I just need help I’ve been looking everywhere for the specific plug but had no success

Attachments

a23zelaya

So I’m having this issues where these spark plugs are the same part number and everything but if you look closely at the thread diameter one is thicker than the other. The thicker diameter spark plug only threads into one cylinder while the thinner one would thread to all other 3 , idk I’m new to the automotive world and I just need help I’ve been looking everywhere for the specific plug but had no success
Honda civic 2000 dx d16y7

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Can you provide a photo from the top down looking at the electrode.

I have a bad suspicion but I'm going to hold that comment until I see the next photos.

a23zelaya

Ima away from the car but can you tell me your suspicion? I’ve been doing some research and the only way this would happen if the previous owner stripped the thread and had to rethread it but then again I’m completely clueless on the topic

a23zelaya

So upon further investigation the plug has something called an insert! So that’s all it needed , previous owner stripped the plug hole and rethreaded it , learning new things everyday

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That sir is a helicoil, that is BAD NEWS!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
So upon further investigation the plug has something called an insert! So that’s all it needed , previous owner stripped the plug hole and rethreaded it , learning new things everyday
Unfortunately this is exactly what I suspected.