Squeaky front end

mikedeasyidk

5+ Year Member
I have had this very annoying squeak in my front end since I have gotten my car, I thought it was only heard inside the cabin but I rolled down my window today because it was nice and then I realized it was actually pretty loud and can be heard while I'm driving. It sounds like its coming from somewhere near the right fender, I was wondering if this was a civic problem or if I'm alone on this one?

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
Nope. I got it too. I have a major squeek in my left fender, & left quarter..also when i turn my steering wheel from side to side, there is a VERY LOUD squeeking noise. I've been told its my steering column, but im not sure.. : (

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rack and pinion/ lower ball joints. there is one of your culprits

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol you need to replace stuff most likely. have your upper and lower ball joints checked. also for the turning the wheels, if it gets worse while doing that, it can be anything with your steering column/ rack and pinion really. for the rear noise its probably your trailing arm bushings

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
lol you need to replace stuff most likely. have your upper and lower ball joints checked. also for the turning the wheels, if it gets worse while doing that, it can be anything with your steering column/ rack and pinion really. for the rear noise its probably your trailing arm bushings
word. thxs man. ima check em out when i change my oil.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
word. thxs man. ima check em out when i change my oil.
no problem,keep your eyes out for any bushings that look cracked or anything and replace them. one way to pinpoint the squeaking is by jacking each wheel up one at a time, and using a pry bar and prying up and dont underneath the wheel. if you get squeaking then its probably either a balljoint(front) or your trailing arm bushing (rear). also check for any play in your tie rods and bearings by shaking the wheel from side to side (for tie rods) and up and down (for bearings), do this when you jack up one wheel at a time