squeel in the speakers.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, what wires do i have to make sure are separtated from each other to the amp so i won't have the squeel in my 6x9s. i used to know, but i forgot and i did some work on my system yesterday and now i have the squeel

Eric B.

Banned
keep rcas and speaker wires away from power and remote wires. also try a diffrent grounding point. your ground could also be the problem.

onenighter712

5+ Year Member
squeal?

that noise coming from your speakers? . . . I get the same problem in the nights when I turn on my lights on along with the system. . . i heard it's noise coming from the alternator and going through the wires and into the speakers. .. well I still need to find out how to fix the problem . .
I have an OPTIMA YELLOW TOP, a TSUNAMI 2-FARAD BASS CAPACITOR, a 150 amp alternator. . . so WHAT'S THE PROBLEM!?!?!?

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bad ground will get you that noise. Dust in places that haven't been cleaned out will also get you that noise. Check your wiring and check your grounds.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
onenighter712 said:
that noise coming from your speakers? . . . I get the same problem in the nights when I turn on my lights on along with the system. . . i heard it's noise coming from the alternator and going through the wires and into the speakers. .. well I still need to find out how to fix the problem . .
I have an OPTIMA YELLOW TOP, a TSUNAMI 2-FARAD BASS CAPACITOR, a 150 amp alternator. . . so WHAT'S THE PROBLEM!?!?!?
You have a ground loop if its only happening at night. Normally the shound is caused by a bad install. Running the rcas with the power wire and that kind of stuff.

When running multiple amps its best to ground everything to one spot to avoid ground loops.

If your rcas and speaker wire are seperated from all power wires you need to find a new place to ground that amp. Eventually a new greound spot will kill the noise