SRS Airbag Code

ikillradio

I had to take my airbag out because the plastic behind the wheel was rubbing against the steering column. When you disconncet the airbag the plug is shorted for some reason, I was wondering how to replace the shorted plug in order to regain airbag functionality.

Thanks

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't there a fuse under the dash for the airbag???

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shorted?

All I know is when you put it back on there's supposed to be a certain way (along with certain turns of the clockspring and wheel I think) that makes it so the SRS light goes off.

I know mine was done by the Zeller's and they did something that caused my light to stay on. They told me Iif I bring it to Honda they can reset it though.

ikillradio

NOFX said:
Shorted?

All I know is when you put it back on there's supposed to be a certain way (along with certain turns of the clockspring and wheel I think) that makes it so the SRS light goes off.

I know mine was done by the Zeller's and they did something that caused my light to stay on. They told me Iif I bring it to Honda they can reset it though.
I know there is a way to reset the light, I saw a write-up on it, but i'm afraid that I lost airbag functionality.

@Em-1
I'll check the fuse see if that shorted, i think it may be the bag connector for some weird reason like a safety tamper evident thing.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What makes you think you can't use your airbag anymore (broke it, per se)? My warning light it on (SRS light) and all I shoudl ahve to do is bring it to Honda and get it reset.

Brian Spilner

Banned
NOFX said:
What makes you think you can't use your airbag anymore (broke it, per se)? My warning light it on (SRS light) and all I shoudl ahve to do is bring it to Honda and get it reset.
if the srs light is on your airbags will not work until you get that s**t reset, call a honda dealership and ask them what needs to be done...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I honestly don't care if my airbags aren't working right now. I'm aware they won't work until I get it reset.

I've been hit once with an airbag and it wasn't fun. I don't think I would have even come close enough to hit the wheel had the aitbag not gone off.

ikillradio

NOFX said:
I took the entire airbag fixture out so that I only had the empty steering wheel out in order to fix a problem with rubbing. And I was looking at the Civic Manual and it said something about when you remove it, something it automatically shorted.

NOFX said:
I honestly don't care if my airbags aren't working right now. I'm aware they won't work until I get it reset.

I've been hit once with an airbag and it wasn't fun. I don't think I would have even come close enough to hit the wheel had the aitbag not gone off.
yikes, I bent a steering wheel of a '63 with my face so i kinda would like an airbag instead next time ;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Being in an accident in a 1963 vehicle is way different from being in an accident in a vehicle from 1997.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
I took the entire airbag fixture out so that I only had the empty steering wheel out in order to fix a problem with rubbing. And I was looking at the Civic Manual and it said something about when you remove it, something it automatically shorted.

yikes, I bent a steering wheel of a '63 with my face so i kinda would like an airbag instead next time ;)

Did it have seatbelts to begin with lol?

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
Just reset it, will do a write up, so easy so awesome problem solved :D
add pics if you can. i can see this in my near future =)

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sure honda would charge me like 79 dollars to hookup to my ecu. click a button. then unplug it.

ikillradio

postal21 said:
Im sure honda would charge me like 79 dollars to hookup to my ecu. click a button. then unplug it.
Don't even need to get to your ECU can work without taking anything out excpet one plug. But they would charge to do all of that and check all of the connectors and blah blah blah.

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an after market steering wheel so of coarse the srs light is on, is there anyway to fix it so i can still have the passenger airbag working?