Starting build

brockshields38

Hey guys so I’m currently putting my 2018 FC2 through some build stages. Looking to get some feedback on what kind of mods makes these K20C2’s a little more peppy, without stripping the whole block down per se, I’m new to Honda, I’m coming from a diesel pickup truck that’s as old as I am to a brand new jdm. Any tips or tricks that may help me with my jump to this jdm world are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brockshields38

I appreciate the idea! However nitrous is not something that I’m interested in. “Yay I got 5 seconds of double my base hp” I’m not a drag racer, I’m simply looking to enhance the already cheeky mould that Honda has given us,Suspension, and powertrain. A blue bottle is also cough cough frowned upon by enforcement here up north. I’m not looking to be one of those hooligans hitting the rev limiter on every shift.

brockshields38

There’s no such thing as economy class when we’re talking about “BUILDING” a car. Don’t assume you know your audience. I’m here because I don’t know what things are key to squeezing the juice out of one of these N/A 2.0L iVtec motors as I mentioned above I am coming from a turbo diesel pick up truck background. Not Japanese gasser

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, definitely don't put nitrous on your car... lol

Though tbh, the K20C2 is an economy motor, and that's really what it's designed to do. Regardless of the route you choose in terms of a build, you won't get an significant power gains from that motor without forced induction. A header, intake, exhaust, and K Pro might get you some power.

Check out this link -- a good quality tune on stock car netted 22 extra WHP, which is actually pretty good.

brockshields38

Yes I had seen this k tuner! Something I’m definitely going to consider. I’m not looking to make this a race car. I know this motor is built to be a daily commuters engine and I don’t intend to take away the basic being of that. But we all know that there’s more in an engine than what the manufacturers let them be or are capable of producing at that time

brockshields38

Any brands recommended for intake and exhaust? I won’t be doing an exhaust right away until I’ve sourced a few and hear how they actually sound

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Intake - I'm not too sure it matters. It's just tubing. Get a good filter. As for an exhaust, it really depends on your sound preference and size you want. I have an Invidia N1 on my RSX, it's loud when the engine is cold, and in high RPM bands (Vtec crossover is very noticeable), but not that loud when just idling or driving around.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sad as it is to say, I would go here:
https://www.civicx.com/

They will have more first hand experience than here.
This place is mainly filled with 6th gen and earlier models, which were lighter, easier to modify and pull power from, and have a greater following than the newer stuff.

Last edited:

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I probably wouldn't modify it.

If you're Honda faithful and want a more receptive platform get a 6 speed 1.5T Civic.

You can make some pretty significant power with bolt ons and Hondata FlashPro.

As far as I know, Honda doesn't have a method for flagging an ecu so you would likely be safe warranty wise with an exhaust and flash tuner.

Just flash back to stock when visiting for more extensive service/ warranty requests.

I would avoid KTuner simply based on a very poor customer service inquiry about a product.