Stealthy's CRX Race Car Project

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
the 1g crxs have mounts like the 1g integra(86-89) so your pretty limited to the swaps.

the motors not really rare, the carbs are more then the motor. just a D16a1 from a 86-89 integra.
so is it even possible to put a sohc in there?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with custom mounts. or the orginal 1g CRX SI is MPFI SOHC.

check out redpepperracing.com

Last edited:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome dude, ill check that out

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great great site green. ive learned alot on there in the last day. you were right, the only motors that are direct bolt ins are the stock d13 or d15 (neither of which i want) and the 86-87 d16a1 brown top and the 88-89 d16a1 black top(which i have). aftermarket mounts for b series are available, but the only way to get any other d series in there is custom fab time which im almost at the point to suck it up and do bc i REALLY want a sohc that can whoop some dohc's, if it werent for that id just keep the a1 since its a direct swap and in there already. aftermarket support is another worry of mine

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ZC parts are same for D16a1, JGengiendynamics.com for your needs there, D16a6 pistons and rods fit(the D16a1s have domed pistons like the DOHC ZCs, only difference mainly is teh cams between the D16a1 and ZC, not sure about the block thickness, i know the DOHC ZC blocks are thicker then the other D series SOHC

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good to know, idk we'll see what happens i guess, but i really think im leaning towards taking on the task of a z6 swap. or maybe even a a6 block, z6 head and y8 intake to make things interesting......

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this just in.....found out some not so good news about the car.....yeah, the front end is one piece but its just been fiberglassed together. the back plexiglass windows are warped from sitting in a hot garage for so long. may not sound like a big deal, but those were things that made me want to buy a car. and on top of that, ive learned alot about 1g crx's, and they are not as "user friendly" i guess you could say, so thats a turnoff to boot.

i think its best if i just pass this car up, atleast i didnt go pick it up yet i guess :s maybe ill build a 88-91 crx later when its actually financially feasable and im not strapped like i would be right now, plus im moving out of mommies house in the next month or so. i suppose this will just leave more money for my gsr =)

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the 3g civics and 1g crxs arnt very compadible with other motots, although go buy the new Honda turnign mag(with silver CRX on front) has a article about the 3g civic with turbo A6 in it.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw damn. If you had picked that up I was going to offer to take that engine off your hands lol.