Alright, who's broke?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol to be honest, I haven't seen anything that's caught my eye yet.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a PC gamer, but I know all about Steam from a good friend that is broke as of this last weekend on account of the spending spree. :lol:

I did however, after watching the Playstation E3 conference, run out and pick up a PS4...only to come home and find out that all the games they were talking about aren't coming out until the end of the year or later. :x

Picked up Thief and Wolfenstein: The New Order just to get a feel for the console. Thief sucks and Wolfenstein is leaving me pretty disappointed. Love the PS4 interface and how smooth it moves through everything, just not happy with the current game selection (outside of a couple games I have on PS3 that would carry over if I wanted to drop the coin for the PS4 version which I don't see the need.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Haven't went too crazy this steam sale. Picked up Prison Architect, Octodad and that's it so far.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My best purchase so far is Awesomenauts. That game is a lot of fun.

Worst is Risk of Rain - simply because the game is completely broken. The sound won't work for me, and my framerate drops the longer I play. By the end of the first level, it is no longer playable.

Other games I've bought:
-Castle Crashers
-Orion: Dino Horde
-Kerbal Space Program
-Skyrim and all expansions

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I picked up Hotline Miami for $1.49. Everything else I wasn't particularly interested in haha.

Not a PC gamer, but I know all about Steam from a good friend that is broke as of this last weekend on account of the spending spree. :lol:

I did however, after watching the Playstation E3 conference, run out and pick up a PS4...only to come home and find out that all the games they were talking about aren't coming out until the end of the year or later. :x

Picked up Thief and Wolfenstein: The New Order just to get a feel for the console. Thief sucks and Wolfenstein is leaving me pretty disappointed. Love the PS4 interface and how smooth it moves through everything, just not happy with the current game selection (outside of a couple games I have on PS3 that would carry over if I wanted to drop the coin for the PS4 version which I don't see the need.
We bought a PS4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, and Watchdogs. The PS4's interface is a bit clunky for me.. don't know what you're experiencing haha. It has some weird issues with multiple accounts. If you switch games, it screws everything up for the other players, who then have to log out of their accounts completely, then log back in once the game is launched. Also, the news feed is jumbled like mad. I'm not feeling it :/

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I really like my PS4, but it hasn't gotten a huge amount of playtime. I've mostly played Assassin's Creed and the free monthly games.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmmm, nothing listed on today's daily deals worth picking up. I'll tune back into the steam store tomorrow.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm having a ton of fun with Kerbal Space program. It's a really rewarding game... though I've killed off quite a bit of kerbals. My space program isn't very safe yet...

Also, awesomenauts is up on flash sale right now for $1. That's a great way to spend a dollar.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We bought a PS4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, and Watchdogs. The PS4's interface is a bit clunky for me.. don't know what you're experiencing haha. It has some weird issues with multiple accounts. If you switch games, it screws everything up for the other players, who then have to log out of their accounts completely, then log back in once the game is launched. Also, the news feed is jumbled like mad. I'm not feeling it :/
Hmmm. Maybe because I am only on with one account I don't get to see most of the problems you are experiencing?

Open side by side in split screen with my PS3, the menu seems faster to navigate, the games load faster (especially the ones downloaded onto the HDD), the store loads and navigates a hell of a lot faster (PSN on the PS3 is choppy and slow on my end), and the downloads are pulled to the background automatically and don't seem to slow it down at all. I also like how the PS button takes you right out of the game or app without waiting for it to shut down.

I use my home theater PC for media, but I did try out my media server and netflix on the PS4 just to compare. Both run quicker than the PS3 did. Less load time and less time when switching movies, tv shows, or when fast forwarding the recorded tv shows off of the DVR in the HTPC.

Haven't really seen the news feed though, mine might be turned off? Will check it out.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I'm having a ton of fun with Kerbal Space program. It's a really rewarding game... though I've killed off quite a bit of kerbals. My space program isn't very safe yet...

Also, awesomenauts is up on flash sale right now for $1. That's a great way to spend a dollar.
KSP is a very fun game, i've sunk a lot of hours into it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I still haven't decided on anything yet :what:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Picked up King Arthur's Gold and Dishonored

KAG is crazy. So much happens at once. It's really complex, but a lot of fun.

I haven't tried Dishonored yet... but I like ninjas.