Steering wheel clock spring repair/replacement

HeatherSi

I'm new to the forum--first post. This has probably been discussed to death, but I can't find it so please humor me. I need to repair or replace the clock spring in my '93 Si. It's the flexible wiring harness that is between the rear of the steering wheel and the steering column and carries current to the horn button, the airbag, the cruise control and more. Is anyone reproducing that part these days or is there a repair source for the wounded part in my car? I assume a wire or a connector has broken from all the movements of the steering wheel through all these years. Can anyone help me find a new part or a repair source. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

HeatherSi

Thanks for responding. I did order a used clock spring from an eBay seller yesterday, just to make sure I had some sort of a replacement, but my hope is that someone knows if there are new replacements being made or if someone is able to repair the older damaged ones. The added incentive for buying the used one was that it came from a car with cruise control, while most of the eBay ones appear to have come from non-cruise control equipped cars--an important difference. Thanks again for your help.