Stereo problem

will1234

I've owned this car for couple of years and had no problems with the stereo. When i bought it the car came with an aftermarket stereo that was loosely seated. Just a couple of weeks ago I hit a pretty big bump and the music just cuts off now every time i use the car the music just cuts off and sometimes comes back. What do i need to do to make it run properly?

CivicEx'00

I've owned this car for couple of years and had no problems with the stereo. When i bought it the car came with an aftermarket stereo that was loosely seated. Just a couple of weeks ago I hit a pretty big bump and the music just cuts off now every time i use the car the music just cuts off and sometimes comes back. What do i need to do to make it run properly?
Are the speakers aftermarket? Mine were, and the wires were cut to help, so sometimes when I would hit a bump a speaker wire would hit the door and ground itself, shutting off music from all speakers. Something similar could be happening to you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

will1234

the speakers are oem. because my stereo is loosely fitted when i moved it in the right position it splays music

mrcraigsr

Respected
the speakers are oem. because my stereo is loosely fitted when i moved it in the right position it splays music
Pull the head unit out sounds like who ever installed it probably used electric tape and now after the years you have a wire that is grounding out

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

will1234

so i just moved the stereo around and as long as it doesn't move from that spot it wont stop my music

will1234

I don't have another stereo to test it with. I don't want to have to buy a new unit only to find out that I have wiring problems.

will1234

When I set it up like this it plays but when moved it cuts off. When I try to put it back in its original position is cuts off.

will1234

i have the problem is that when its there the sound cuts off more frequently compare to the bottom