stock alarm on 2000 civic

bunnyz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hello all
what kind of features does the stock alarm offer ?
beside locking the doors
like protection ??

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Here is what I pulled from a website that sells them:

Security System

Remote operation on all except CX and DX. CX and DX use passive operation, arms when all doors are closed, entry delay disarms with key in ignition.

System status verification, door and trunk sensors, starter cut-off.

Sounds horn and flashes lights when triggered by door or trunk opening. Includes attachment kit.

-> HX and LX require addition of keyless entry remotes sold below.

-> Not for CX or DX model.

bunnyz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hum... thx for replying
that is some interesting points
I tired setting the alarm on and try opening the doors with the key. The alarm didn't went beep beep or flash light
:(
I guess the 2000 civic ex stock alarm is pretty much a piece of junk, but i do knew that 2001 civic alarm is pretty much sensitive. If u open the doors with key, it will go beep beep, or even kicking at the wheel will set the alarm beep.

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by bunnyz
hum... thx for replying
that is some interesting points
I tired setting the alarm on and try opening the doors with the key. The alarm didn't went beep beep or flash light
:(
I guess the 2000 civic ex stock alarm is pretty much a piece of junk, but i do knew that 2001 civic alarm is pretty much sensitive. If u open the doors with key, it will go beep beep, or even kicking at the wheel will set the alarm beep.
Are you sure that you just don't have keyless entry without the alarm?

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea my 2000 must not have a stock alarm cause my car was stold.i have it back but stripped...just buy a good aftermarket one.