Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
yourt silly man.. thats anywhere.. agree with amy.. in NJ people are pretty heavy footed...i typically go above a 100 on my way to work at some points, not maintained for hours or anything.. but at various points........
Ours are maintained for the whole trip, unless it's the 215 to the 60, then your doing like 2-3MPH for like 3 miles, then your back up to 95-100 until you get on the 30 or hit PCH, then yea.. if you keep going, you hit the ocean. :lol:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
100 out in menlo is not fast ... ive driven 101 when its not rush hour and doing 90 people are still passing me.

And yes you maintain speed in CA for hours on end ... when i went to az in march i did 90 the whole way except for the 210 in so cal

But it does look like she was racing
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/07/TONGA.TMP

Witnesses said Delgado appeared to be racing a black Cadillac Escalade in her white Ford Mustang at speeds between 85 mph and 100 mph when she attempted to pass another vehicle, California Highway Patrol Officer Ricky Franklin said.
Police are still searching for a black Cadillac Escalade with spinner-style rims that may have been involved in the collision and exited the freeway at Marsh Road, Franklin said.
lol at the last statement, there are thousands of blace escalades with spinners in the bay. CHP will never find him unless someone snitches .... anyone remember that accident on the grapevine a while back when the RSX was running from CHP and the CHP crashed his own car cause he was driving to fast for the conditions then they issued a statewide manhunt for the rsx with virtually no information .... still havent caught the guy as far as i know.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Have you ever been... hmm... I can't really remember the road it is (the name I mean) butit goes north through Philly. it's rigth along a river and goes under all these overpasses then goes under this huge bridge. Do you know what I might be talking about?

Anyway... go through there sometime. I don't know about othertime of the day... but rush hour.... Three lanes... No shoulders. Concrete barriers on either side. And you're going through this windly road with tiny thin lanes going 90+ in the thickest traffc capable of doing so (and it's scary as f**k).

Anyway, I don't know if you know what I'm talking about now... :lol: I used to go that route coming from Delaware up through to Lansdale.
That's nothing.. :what:

Cajon Pass is a 3 Lane highway, constantly doing 90+, Semi's doing 70-80MPH, on one side is a 200+ FT drop off a cliff, on the other is a hill going up, almost vertical, a little on down, it's a 50foot drop and a 500+Ft drop on the other side. Down grade for something like 12 Miles.. It's insane. I hate being in the middle lane, because your next to the semis and people on the otherside going faster then you, or you can be in the left lane, and if something happens, say a Semi loses control and hits you.. Your going off that cliff.. A little guardrail is all that seperates the highway and the cliff..

Come to Cali, I'm sure you'll be suprised on how we drive. :what:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
100 out in menlo is not fast ... ive driven 101 when its not rush hour and doing 90 people are still passing me.

And yes you maintain speed in CA for hours on end ... when i went to az in march i did 90 the whole way except for the 210 in so cal

But it does look like she was racing
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/07/TONGA.TMP

lol at the last statement, there are thousands of blace escalades with spinners in the bay. CHP will never find him unless someone snitches .... anyone remember that accident on the grapevine a while back when the RSX was running from CHP and the CHP crashed his own car cause he was driving to fast for the conditions then they issued a statewide manhunt for the rsx with virtually no information .... still havent caught the guy as far as i know.
So true :lol:

You ever Cruise PCH? Last time I did, they were having a Shelby Cobra meet, kitcars and s**t.. We saw atleast.. 10 that day.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF is Tonga even on the map? That royalty not even worth mentioning..suck about them dying & s**t but what with the media always over do a story.. If there was noone in another car speeding with her.. there was no racing.. just a stupid girl in a slow base model stang.

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate how whenever a car speeds and does something, they try to call it a street race in some form, or pin it on street racing.

If an 18 year old with a Mustang speeds alone and crashes into someone, its a street race.

If a 50 year old guy in a Corvette is doing 120 and crashes, its not.

If a 30 something business owner crashes their Ferrari Enzo drunk at like 180, its not a race.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Error404, have you ever lived anywhere else besides California? :lol: I really don't think all the little things you might think are unique to Cali really are unique to only it.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cali is a whole different world. There's s**t you can see in cali that would be rare to see anywhere else in the country. I f**kin love SoCal but would not want to raise my kids there, they grow up way to fast there. Man, people go on police chases there like a f**kin game. That's why everytime there's a chase some of the local channels will break away to a special report to cover it with their copter, just to see if they get away or not and alot more get away than are caught. :lol: The whole West coast is kind of similar but Cali is just a whole different world yo ;) and I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere.....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm just saying some of the things, like high speed driving, is not by far only in California. ;)

I know every place has it's own little things, but driving fast isn't one of them. The entire northeast is mostly different from any other place I've been, but I'm sure people drive like that in some other places too. =)

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Who tries to race a v6 mustange. Damn inexperience drivers trying to be street racers. Thats why all the rest of us have to pay for stupid mistakes by stupid people.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm just saying some of the things, like high speed driving, is not by far only in California. ;)

I know every place has it's own little things, but driving fast isn't one of them. The entire northeast is mostly different from any other place I've been, but I'm sure people drive like that in some other places too. =)
Hell no it ain't :D For street racing, Nebraska is where it's at imo. I was just talking in general, I hear you gurrl ;) I've heard that poeple drive like assholes in the East like New York and Jersey etc....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
Hell no it ain't :D For street racing, Nebraska is where it's at imo. I was just talking in general, I hear you gurrl ;) I've heard that poeple drive like assholes in the East like New York and Jersey etc....
Oh yeah, me too though. Not trying to fight or whatever.

Not all drivers in the NorthEast are bad drivers... I've actually noticed more moron drivers in WA so far. It does seem like WA drivers drive a lot slower in general than people in the NorthEast though. In fact, that's often the problem! They stick in the passing lane driving however fast they're comfortable with. It's much more prevalent to see that here than I ever did in the NorthEast, though it definately happened there too.

We have hippies like crazy here though. So I guess they're all "green friendly" and s**t. "Driving fast kills the planet, man." :roll:

At least in DE, Jersey drivers are what all make us nervous. Seems almost all the time that we'd see a Jersey driver they're a problem to other drivers. Dangerous to others I mean. VA is known for cops... but at least they can't come get us! MD state cops are also known for being dicks, but it's always those NJ drivers we're looking out for.

On a related note... right before I moved I happened to see a WA plate vehicle in Dover, DE. It cut right in front of me to jump across three lanes at once. Almost hit me and another guy. Well, rather almost had us hit him.

I do think a lot of bad driving conditions aren't just the drivers though. Some roads here just are designed so badly that suddenlty everyone seems to start driving worse! Population of course is always going to have smethign to do with it, and even pedestrians. We have a big problem here with those damn hippies driving bike around. I never had a huge problem with bike lanes everywhere in DE. They were only around state parks there! :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Error404 said:
Come to Cali, I'm sure you'll be suprised on how we drive. :what:

cali highway driving is horrible....

300 cars in eyesight at anyone time, all doing 90+, completely ignoring the lanes swerving in and out of traffic reaching speeds way over 100mph, using the break-down lane to pass in heavy fast moving traffic.....

really it was a horrible experience.

and there was not a single cop anywhere during my entire trip.....

it was the most unorganized, dangerous and wreckless site i've ever seen....

and 3/4 of the people i talked too were proud that they drive like retards.... error would be a case in point

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh come on you went to stockton! Of course there aint no cops on i5 they used to have air patrol but lately they have no scrilla for that so its lax patrolled as hell ... the metro areas are a little bit better patrolled

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Melt said:
oh come on you went to stockton!

:rolf:

you say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

oh there were cops on I5.... but as soon as i left oregon and entered cali it was like a drunken lawless autobahn

i'm not saying i didnt speed when i was down there, but the term "defensive driving" was taken to a whole new level :lol:

then we had matt in his prelude and dan in his em1 racing, with me, my girl and our lil d16z6 watching them dissapear in the horizon wondering where the f00k i am and what i'm gonna do if i cant catch up at some point :lol:

i got doing 110mph and they were pulling on me like i was standing still

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Error404, have you ever lived anywhere else besides California? :lol: I really don't think all the little things you might think are unique to Cali really are unique to only it.
Florida, Gerogia, Alabama, Arizona..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

300 cars in eyesight at anyone time, all doing 90+, completely ignoring the lanes swerving in and out of traffic reaching speeds way over 100mph, using the break-down lane to pass in heavy fast moving traffic.....

and 3/4 of the people i talked too were proud that they drive like retards.... error would be a case in point
I never said I was proud on how Cali drives.. :what: All I was saying is that people were suprised she was doing 100 on the Highway because that "a high rate of speed"..

Because I drive like a retard.. I mean, I don't use turn signal, I never give people room to merge, I hate Semi's because they are slow and so bulky.. :roll: I may drive fast because of Cali highways, but I do have common sense and courtesy when I'm driving.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

Don't forget about the guys on motorcycles flying between traffic thats already doing 90+ and only a couple feet apart between the lanes. Crazy f**ks.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
I f**kin love SoCal but would not want to raise my kids there, they grow up way to fast there.
Biz with kids?!? err.... I can only imagine what your kids would look like. :shock: :???:

just kidding bro :lol:

NOFX said:
I've actually noticed more moron drivers in WA so far.
f**king werd. I think I've started a couple threads bitching about WA drivers..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
f**king werd. I think I've started a couple threads bitching about WA drivers..
Nothing against most of WA though. It just has to do with population a lot. I am convinced the roads are planned worse out here too though. And WTF is up with all the traffic circles? I think we have one in all of DE! We have a couple of the tiny ones that are just there to slow traffic down on smaller roads too though. I know of one in Dover... I think there's one in Wilmington too. But around here they have three on a single in-town back road. :???: