Street Racer in Cali Kills Royal Family Members

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow i go 80 on the new york state thruway and thats FAST. i pass every car on their and very rarely, and i mean very very rarely does someone ever pass me when im on the thruway with my car.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, and in defence of New Yorkers, I know at least in Up-state New York they drive wonderfully. On my way to Canada once we were on this long highway. You're supposed to stay in the right lane of course and use the left (passing) lane only to pass others. They did it. EVERYONE. It was wonderful. Things moved perfectly. Like a well-oiled machine. It was amazing.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Oh, and in defence of New Yorkers, I know at least in Up-state New York they drive wonderfully. On my way to Canada once we were on this long highway. You're supposed to stay in the right lane of course and use the right (passing) lane only to pass others. They did it. EVERYONE. It was wonderful. Things moved perfectly. Like a well-oiled machine. It was amazing.
s**t, I've always thought the left lane is the passing lane.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha, look above and you'll notice I said ritgh TWO times. The right lane and the right lane... :rolf:

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here sometimes the right lane moves faster than the left lane... go figure

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Same thing in DE and lots of other places I've been. DE doesn't have a legal "passing" lane. It's like they build extra lanes for shits 'n' giggles.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
cali highway driving is horrible....

300 cars in eyesight at anyone time, all doing 90+, completely ignoring the lanes swerving in and out of traffic reaching speeds way over 100mph, using the break-down lane to pass in heavy fast moving traffic.....

really it was a horrible experience.

and there was not a single cop anywhere during my entire trip.....

it was the most unorganized, dangerous and wreckless site i've ever seen....

and 3/4 of the people i talked too were proud that they drive like retards.... error would be a case in point
Not everyone drives like an idiot in California. Nor do they do 90-100mph. I go up and down I-5 and 99 daily and usually traffic is a modest 75-80mph and that's on the fast lane.

But I do agree, people needlessly speeding and being idiotic is nothing to be proud of. Erm, a 90 mile trip can be done in 1 1/2 hour doing 65mph or about 1 1/4 hour doing 85-90mph... ermm... way to go, I can go take a s**t and watch about 5 minutes of the basketball game sooner with that 15 minutes I saved, nevermind the white knuckled, hair raising driving to save those precious minutes. :lol:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
around here only the shithead Massholes and CTers drive around in the passing lane. VT has an actual law saying the left lane is for passing only. It's great. I cruise along around 75, it's more relaxing.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've had more then one occasion where my car was overheating (recent problems)
or back in the day when my clutch was toast..

where i'd go the speed limit of 65. i think i managed to flow with traffic with one car
through all my trips.

on all my other trips. i felt more in danger crusing at the speed limit then cruising at 80mph like normal. :shock:

i felt like EVERYONe was gonna wipe me off the road. Including semis. :(

To stay on topic. That sucks. Girl will get whats coming to her.
Lucky for her they werent royal familys to a bigger and unfriendly country.
she'd have the biggest bounty on her head.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
around here only the shithead Massholes and CTers drive around in the passing lane. VT has an actual law saying the left lane is for passing only. It's great. I cruise along around 75, it's more relaxing.
ca is the same but it is not enforced one bit!

Arcane Hayter

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd love to blast down the highway at the speeds you guys are talking about, but in here Oklahoma they lowered the reckless endangerment/attempted manslaughter speed to 90 and they're pushing for 80. Needless to say anywhere over 90 and you loose you license. I have to find straight deserted roads to push it up around 100. =)

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Common as in daily occurance? Common as in look out on that road and see tons of drivers driving that fast at any point that you happen to look toward that road?

Welcome to Delaware then.

Sorry, speeding like that isn't nearly as unique to California as you might think. ;) I used to drive 100+ home every day from work as did (and do) many many other people in Delaware and surrounding areas. Only I slow down when I come up to pass someone else. Just the safer thing to do. I'd rather them not see me and cut in front of me going 70 than 105.
Where in DE did you stay? I get pulled all day doing 70-75 on the East Coast of MD and in southern DE. A Maryland state trooper got me the other day for doing 65 in a 55 in the 2 lane strip of 404, and I was just sticking with traffic. Of course I was the only one in an import, everyone else were in SUV's and trucks. I guess it was just that time to get his quotas filled.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
\\ Forgiven // said:
Where in DE did you stay? I get pulled all day doing 70-75 on the East Coast of MD and in southern DE. A Maryland state trooper got me the other day for doing 65 in a 55 in the 2 lane strip of 404, and I was just sticking with traffic. Of course I was the only one in an import, everyone else were in SUV's and trucks. I guess it was just that time to get his quotas filled.
I lived in Dover but I drove all over the damn place. I was mostly in Kent and New Castle counties though.

Yeah, most DE and MD cops will pull you over if you get caught though. I think the quickest I ever got pulled over for was 95 mph, but he told me I was going 80 (in a 50). He was cute too. :naughty: He let me go with a verbal warning and told me to slow down.

This was on the backroad leading out of Leipsic, DE. I was continuing on Rt 9 right around the bend where it splits to Rt 9 and Smyrna-Leipsic. There's usually a cop sitting next to the liquor store over the bridge in Leipsic though. Just in case anyone's ever out there in the boonies.