Stripped head stud!!! Help!!!

Kevin d

I'm new here, for starters I bought this car under the impression the head gasket was gone, but upon tear down I literally grabbed the stud and pulled it straight out by hand. I'm not new to the game however helicoil vs timesert is a big decision. I've read terrible things about helicoils failing. Then timesert wants 445 dollars for the 4160 kit I need. That's just not a option for me. Basically any input on helicoils not failing would be reassuring I guess or perhaps someone has the timesert kit they've used and would sell me cheap.

Kevin d

Well long story short. I got this trying to make a quick flip on it. Not put hundreds of dollars into it.

Kevin d

I learned that long ago, but fell back into it. I'm just getting the 10x1.25 helicoil kit with some loctite 266 and crossing my fingers. Cheap way out. May regret it but that is all I can do, and a valve was chipped pretty bad but I ordered a new one 10 dollars. I payed 600 for the car so all in all I'm at about 670 dollars.

Drakon543

Meh I'd do it and sell it but id mention it to the buyer. Get it so it runs and sell it for enough to at least get close to what I put into it. I know plenty of people who would buy a beater for 700 bucks just to drive it till it dies and then scrap it.

Jailbird

I'm finding blocks on eBay and Facebook marketplace for retarded cheap prices. Smh. This is why I immediately sort the motor on new acquisitions. Guys like this. I agree, if you put crap forth, be forth telling at the very least.