Stuck window: 8th gen Civic

Martisha

No my passenger window isn't locked. It used to be a pain rolling it up but would eventually work and now isn't budging. Seems to work worse when it's cold and since I'm in snow I feel it isn't helping. I'm about to go down and check on it just thought I'd ask for some advice and other people's experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Destineé

I have the same problem. I have go hit my door sometimes to get it to work lol every few days

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For power windows, it IS important to lube the track up with silicone.
It helps the motor to not have to work as hard, and it will keep it from riding off the track.

No my window isn't locked. It used to be a pain rolling it up but would eventually work and now isn't budging.
So it is NOT working at all, it's not even trying to budge?
Is the window still on the track? Can you hear anything?
More info helps!

Martisha

For power windows, it IS important to lube the track up with silicone.
It helps the motor to not have to work as hard, and it will keep it from riding off the track.

So it is NOT working at all, it's not even trying to budge?
Is the window still on the track? Can you hear anything?
More info helps!

No it's not working at all just sat down there in her for a good 30 minutes with the heat on high trying to get it to go up. Don't want to pull open door if I don't have to buy not sure which fuse is the one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the window progress has been an issues for a long time then its most likely dirty window guide channels. You can temporarily try spraying a lubricant, such as WD40, down each guide channel, let it soak for a bit, then try moving it again. The other option is that the glass came off one of the guide channels and is now wedged, in which case you need to take off the door panel (which should be easy), loosen the glass from the regulator and realign it. While you're at it you can properly clean then lubricate the guide channels. Shin-etzu grease is arguably the best option, but its only available at the dealership or ordering it online.