sub help

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#1
i had a ground loop for a while so i re ran my rca's down the other side of my car but now my subs seem to be picking up a ground loop from my speakers or somewhere. i have a pioneer deh-3600 and when i turn off the subwoffer setting on my stereo my subs are still playing the same thing as my interiors.
 

cujo613

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#4
kilas4doorsleep said:
i had a ground loop for a while so i re ran my rca's down the other side of my car but now my subs seem to be picking up a ground loop from my speakers or somewhere. i have a pioneer deh-3600 and when i turn off the subwoffer setting on my stereo my subs are still playing the same thing as my interiors.
By turning the sub setting off on a pioneer, all you are doing is turning that output from a subwoofer to a full range rear output. It does not shut that output off. IIts just a switchable output
 


kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#5
snoopy316 said:
By turning the sub setting off on a pioneer, all you are doing is turning that output from a subwoofer to a full range rear output. It does not shut that output off. IIts just a switchable output

I am very sorry you feel that way, but on every other system i have done with a pioneer when u turn off the sub output nothing would play from the subs.


Most likely i will have to run the wire down the middle of the car.
 

cujo613

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#6
I am sorry, but the 3600 is only a 2 rca output deck, which means the rears output is a rear/sub. When you turn off the sub it makes the rears go to a fullpass. If your subs are playing voices it also means that you havent engaged the low pass filter on the amp. A sub amp with the crossover set properly should get no highs from the music or the engine. You can run rcas with a power wire on a sub set up.
check your settings and try over

but hey who am I to help I've only been doing car audio for 10 years and I am a mecp installer so have some fun fixing it
 

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#7
snoopy316 said:
I am sorry, but the 3600 is only a 2 rca output deck, which means the rears output is a rear/sub. When you turn off the sub it makes the rears go to a fullpass. If your subs are playing voices it also means that you havent engaged the low pass filter on the amp. A sub amp with the crossover set properly should get no highs from the music or the engine. You can run rcas with a power wire on a sub set up.
check your settings and try over

but hey who am I to help I've only been doing car audio for 10 years and I am a mecp installer so have some fun fixing it

I have used this head unit in atleast 15 cars and never had that problem before. I personally have the same head unit in my other car and when i turn off the subwoofer setting nothing plays from my sub. I am always up to learning something, and since you do have the experience how can you explain that. im not trying to be cocky i really would like to know. It is just a problem i have never encountered before.
 

cujo613

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#8
I think that you are not turning the sub off but rather turning the setting from sub to rear. Or possibly the rear setting may be set on rear fullpass. Whatever it is it isnt going to be a ground loop or anything it is going to be a setting in the deck
make sure the rear signal is set to sub rather than rear in the main menu setup
Make sure front image enhancer is not, I personally think that is a ridiculous control.

The problem is probably going to lie somewhere in the menu setup for the rear rca
 

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#9
snoopy316 said:
I think that you are not turning the sub off but rather turning the setting from sub to rear. Or possibly the rear setting may be set on rear fullpass. Whatever it is it isnt going to be a ground loop or anything it is going to be a setting in the deck
make sure the rear signal is set to sub rather than rear in the main menu setup
Make sure front image enhancer is not, I personally think that is a ridiculous control.

The problem is probably going to lie somewhere in the menu setup for the rear rca
Ok i have to rule out the rca's i pulled the rca's out od my head unit while still hooked up to the amp and im still getting the sound. any other ideas.
 

cujo613

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#10
so let me get this straight, without signal, your amp is still making sound.
OK HOw many amps are you running, just the sub amp?
And what music is it reproducing. The same as what the head unit is playing or is it a radio station
 

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#11
snoopy316 said:
so let me get this straight, without signal, your amp is still making sound.
OK HOw many amps are you running, just the sub amp?
And what music is it reproducing. The same as what the head unit is playing or is it a radio station
im only running a sub amp and it is reproducing whatever the speakers are playing. just curios if this could be possible, someone told me that it might be that one of my interior is grounding out on some where.
 

cujo613

New Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#12
If one of your interiiors was grounding off the deck would shut off its speaker outputs. Pioneer has a decent protect mode on its outputs. I just don't get the no rca the sub is still reproducing sound. I still think its has to be the settings inside the deck or the deck is malfunctioning.

Weird things do happen. I run two units an alpine flip up screen as my monitor and an alpine dvd player as my head unit.
If the volume of the screen, which is not connected to any of my amps is turned up by accident, my rear speakers will pick up whatever radio station is coming in the screen. But it is in no way hooked up to the audio
 

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
#13
snoopy316 said:
If one of your interiiors was grounding off the deck would shut off its speaker outputs. Pioneer has a decent protect mode on its outputs. I just don't get the no rca the sub is still reproducing sound. I still think its has to be the settings inside the deck or the deck is malfunctioning.

Weird things do happen. I run two units an alpine flip up screen as my monitor and an alpine dvd player as my head unit.
If the volume of the screen, which is not connected to any of my amps is turned up by accident, my rear speakers will pick up whatever radio station is coming in the screen. But it is in no way hooked up to the audio

yes wierd things do happen. I did find the problem, or what i think the problem was. I did find two of my interiors grounding out on the car. The negative side of the speakers were grounding. All i know is i stopped them from grounding and my subs dont have that problem anymore.
 




VigLink badge