Suggestions and help on building a better track/rally car

Bredsox24

I have tanabe coilovers with sway bars on front and rear and strut bars also to finish it off i just added AGX shocks. I need help to build more on my civic and get it ready for the track. please help!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have tanabe coilovers with sway bars on front and rear and strut bars also to finish it off i just added AGX shocks. I need help to build more on my civic and get it ready for the track. please help!
Where are you competing and in what class?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not sure how class ranking works but you may want to look into that before throwing on parts. Just because you're lowered with sway bars doesn't mean your car handles good. Choosing the right parts to go with each other is important.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you're prepping a track car, the first thing you need to do is figure out what you NEED to do. For example, figure out what class, read the rule books, get the car mechanically safe and sound under the rule book, etc.. If you're completely new to track stuff, then your first thing after getting the car safe mechanically is to just go out and get seat time. Do as many HPDE's as possible and work your way up. Starting with as most of a stock car as possible is always best.

Regardless, first thing I'd do in your situation is get rid of those junk Tanabe coilovers and get better shocks.