Suggestions, Build

GenericDwarf

Respected
I have a 07 Honda Civic Ex Coupe any suggestions on what I should do with it performance wise, I can’t seem to find anything but I know it’s out there I’ve seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi @GenericDwarf :hi:

What do you want from the car? Daily driver? Track car? What kind of budget?

GenericDwarf

Respected
I use it as my daily but i want a little bit more power just a nice street car, no budget.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car is equipped with the R18 engine and my understanding is that there is little aftermarket support in the performance areas. I'd consider covering all the regular maintenance items and lowering the car. It should make for a better driving experience as a daily.

GenericDwarf

Respected
Your car is equipped with the R18 engine and my understanding is that there is little aftermarket support in the performance areas. I'd consider covering all the regular maintenance items and lowering the car. It should make for a better driving experience as a daily.
Yea I figured as much oh well that’s fine thank you tho!

Craigandtina

I have a 07 Honda Civic Ex Coupe any suggestions on what I should do with it performance wise, I can’t seem to find anything but I know it’s out there I’ve seen it?

i'd it's your daily and you want better handling is definetly say put some coil overs and strut mounts and a strut bar, aftermarket wheels and tires are also a cheap easy way. as fat as engine performance i'd say upgrade to iridium spark plugs, high flow fuel pump, CAI, or just swap to a K24 or H22 turbo (best I4 engines in my opinion)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Way to not answer the question...

if you want significant power numbers you shouldn't have a civic to begin with, without an engine swap there's not much you can do
I wouldn't say that about the Civic...with time and money, you can get power out of the platform.

without an engine swap there's not much you can do
Maybe led with this originally instead of listing off parts for the person that won't do very much.

A good set of plugs and drop in filter will help improve efficiency, but power gains would be minimal at best.
An upgraded higher flow fuel pump is pointless on a stock motor.

hondaniac

if you want significant power numbers you shouldn't have a civic to begin with, without an engine swap there's not much you can do
Sounds reasonable to me too. Switched to an Acura recently for a similar reason... as much as I love Civics. It was just more feasible.