Sun-Roof Maintenance

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, Im into working stages of cleaning-repairing the ceiling of my car. It has a lot of smoke-damage thanks to the previous woman-owner being a smoker.

Its very hard to clean because the fabric doesnt respond well to pressure... but im more worried about fixing-up my sunroof cover.

Im guilty of "worsening" the problem of leaving my sunroof cracked in the first-mode where it allows half an ich of open space. Its rained a few times over-night when Ive left my roof open and its completely destroyed and ruined the front parts of the cardboard ceiling piece that pulls open and closed to block the opening of the sunroof.

Anyone have any experience with re-apholstering or putting new cloth/fabric to fix it? its all torn off around the fringes and looks like s**t, I cant stand looking down into my car from outside to see that. Im thinking of trying to get the board out and just re-sewing awhole new fabric and maybe restuffing some very thin cushoning to match what it was already set at.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think im the only person who can make threads nobody ever responds to.

bills99si

Life's short Play Hard Dr
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
postal21 said:
I think im the only person who can make threads nobody ever responds to.
:what: No your not. I have posted with no reply's, it is weird you can post a decent ( according to you ) question and get nothin, but in your searches looking for info you will see the dumbest ones with 5 pages of replies. I would like more info on sunroofs also but not right now, I might be moving to Canton OH. cause of job relocation, Is there any good shops that work on Imports and are inteligent enough to fix a ageing car.
Go figure - :werd:

xanztrik

5+ Year Member
honestly there is no good repair for headliner material, the glue used is very weak and most cleaners will ruin it. Often times, fabric stores will carry headliner fabric (backed with the foam and everything) just re-cover the headliner. If you want to get creative, you could cover it in something else. I have done headliners in suade and vinyl. it is rather easy and you can make it look clean with out much effort.

bills99si

Life's short Play Hard Dr
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is 3M spray still the choice for that kinda of glue ?
Or is there a better more reliable one ?

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If anyones curious... I ended up using some "silver-grey" color from there, felt fabric... and it turned out f**king great!

Im still adjusting the size on the sunroof so it closes the most efficiently, but im leak-free and now my sunboard/catcher thing has a new lease on life. ah, love it when things are so fresh n so clean.

mailboy

Got Boom?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
postal21 said:
If anyones curious... I ended up using some "silver-grey" color from there, felt fabric... and it turned out f**king great!

Im still adjusting the size on the sunroof so it closes the most efficiently, but im leak-free and now my sunboard/catcher thing has a new lease on life. ah, love it when things are so fresh n so clean.
PICS MAN FUCING PICKS

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, I took pics of the "after" since I didnt have any befores... so I mspainted what it looked like... :twisted:

hopefully these pics work seeing as my webspace doesnt work anymore... so I used photobucket.