Sunroof issues: 97 Civic

Branden Thompson

What's up everyone, I have a 1997 honda civic ex. My sunroof will go down like it wants to go back the motor stays on while I'm holding the button but does not slide back will not tilt up either checked relays and fuses everything checked out. Tried pushing from the back and the front as I held the button. Nothing works, could it be off track? I can see the rails and they don't look dry or anything. TIA

Otto85

What's up everyone, I have a 1997 honda civic ex. My sunroof will go down like it wants to go back the motor stays on while I'm holding the button but does not slide back will not tilt up either checked relays and fuses everything checked out. Tried pushing from the back and the front as I held the button. Nothing works, could it be off track? I can see the rails and they don't look dry or anything. TIA
They had a problem with the passenger side safety lock on the rail getting stuck causing it to stay locked I had the same issue. Had to remove the glass to gain access to the rail clean the rail up super good spray the lock down with WD-40 and work it loose (mine was jambed so hard I ended up braking it off leaving the driver side lock intact). From the inside of the car remove the 2 plastic trims on both side of the glass and remove the 4 10mm nuts and the glass pops out from the top

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk