Supercharge?

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was looking around and I notcied that Super Charge is kinda the same thing as Turbo Charge if not the same thing. But today I was looking in the back of Super Street Magazine and saw this add:

"Supercharge any car, up to 35+HP +31%MPG for only $69.95. Lifetime Warranty.
5 minute installation and street legal"

What do they do when this is done. Is it the same supercharge parts put on or somthing else. Cause I though supercharge was like $1k. Is it worth doing this if you dont have enough money for Turbo or NOS? whats the deal?

I read about it on their web site but Im not sure about it~~
www.spiralmax.com

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HAHA
The ad is an attempt to fool people that really don't know all that much about supercharging or cars in general. The electric supercharger and the spiralmax are both worthless pieces of crap that are used to steal people's money. Stay away from both of them.
A real supercharger and turbo are not very different. A supercharger uses a belt driven off of the crank to spin the compressor wheel, while a turbo uses the exhaust gases to spin a turbine wheel which is connected to a compressor wheel.

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what does that fake supercharge actually do then?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nothing.... it goes in your intake tube, and swirls the air around in the intake differently.... it really doesnt matter how much air, or what the air is doing in the intake... because your throttle body can only suck up a certain amount of air.... i think :what:

dont waste your money.... just give it too me :-)

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can you guys give me any ideas of small things to do that can speed me up a bit. This is my plan for my new Si Im getting.

Light Rims
New Exhaust/Muffler
Cold Air Intake
Carbon Fiber Hood
Take out the back seats
and thats what Im gonna do so far.. any other things that arent that hard to do?

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
headers, intake manifold, throttle body (make it breathe as much as possible!) lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, better ground wires, and if you want to get a little bit more dirty, a more aggressive cam.

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got any average prices on those you could post. So I can see what Im in for, mabe some suggestions on the brand and type etc... ty

JDMdOHCvTECrACER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would get

JDM:Throttlebody,Headers and B16 intake manifold.

AEM:Pulleys,fuel rails and pressure regulators

5zigen:Fireball tip with custom enlarged piping or full exhaust
system

Skunk2:Cam and cam gears,valve spring kit,titanium retainers,and forged valves.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by JDMdOHCvTECrACER
I would get

JDM:Throttlebody,Headers and B16 intake manifold.

AEM:Pulleys,fuel rails and pressure regulators

5zigen:Fireball tip with custom enlarged piping or full exhaust
system

Skunk2:Cam and cam gears,valve spring kit,titanium retainers,and forged valves.
sure there kid, you show us how to bolt a b16 intake manifold to a d16:roll: a fuel rail is pretty much pointless for a car with the rest of the fuel system stock, as is an upgraded valvetrain. all the crap you have there is a couple grand, which he could buy a turbo for and have a ton more power. if you have a d16, you have 2 basic choices- turbo or swap. a turbo, with good tuning and the right parts could easily get you into the 13's in that car. a swap could get you 14's. all the stuff n/a will barely get you a mid 15, if that. and please stop dispensing advice if you have no idea what your talking about.