Suspension Setup

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
So, as I'm looking around for a good setup for my 98 civic EX coupe i came across these two items
1. Shocks by Eibach:
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Suspension/Eibach-Pro-Damper-Strut-Shock-Kits/_Honda-Civic-1998

2. Coilover sleeves by Megan Racing:
http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=449&catid=47

My question is will this setup work well? If not, then what kind of similar setup can I look for. I don't have tons of money, and originally I was just going to slap some lowering springs on the car and be done with it. I would say that my absolute upper limit would be $500-600. Before anyone posts the link (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=206087&highlight=ekforeverguy)
I have read that, but he really doesn't really answer the questions I have regarding this particular setup. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
oh yea, and im only looking for a mild 2-2.25 inches of drop. im really not looking to slam it.......yet. hehe

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what ^^he said, from what I've heard they are a really good set up for the price and have a one year warranty. the CC/tunersports store has them for about 650 too

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, i found those like 10 mins after i made this post lol, are they relatively smooth riding (for a lowered suspension) and are they a high quality?
ek forever guy has them and says good things about them in the post you linked. they come with three different spring rates and I've heard that the softest set up is not to much worse than stock while still handling really well

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
ek forever guy has them and says good things about them in the post you linked. they come with three different spring rates and I've heard that the softest set up is not to much worse than stock while still handling really well
Hmm...okay. I am getting rims first (in like 2 weeks - drag DR-31 gunmetal) then suspension. So it will be a few weeks to a few months depending on how my transfer from my tech college to South Carolina goes :/ I just want all my questions answered first. BTW, how do you adjust the height for the coilovers?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

the sping rests on the part that is circled with red and it screws up and down depending on the height that you want

Kalindian

New Civic Here!

the rests on the part that is circled with red and it screws up and down depending on the height that you want
Oh, thats stupid easy. lol Thanks a ton Speedy, you have answered many of my questions. Btw, Im glad to see im not the only one running a single-cam haha

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no prob man. yea there are several people on here with a single cam lol, for me its cause I don't have the money for a swap lol but maybe next year after I pay it off I can start modding it

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there very comfortable and very well made and for that price i am very jealous i paid over a grand for mine only downside is there made to order which will take alot longer to receive but its worth the wait.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want something stiffer that will handle better, get Function & Form Type I's. They're around 650-700 but I believe have double the spring rates of the CS-II's. I want to get the Type I's next year if I can afford it and dump my car :D.

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
If you want something stiffer that will handle better, get Function & Form Type I's. They're around 650-700 but I believe have double the spring rates of the CS-II's. I want to get the Type I's next year if I can afford it and dump my car :D.
They are not that much stiffer, not to mention stiffer doesn't mean it handles better either. You clearly don't autocross much.

PS. I hope Function & Form doesn't ship you leaky shocks like the dozens of examples of that I've seen over on Honda-tech. People open the boxes of their new coilovers and the shock oil is all over the inside of the box.

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Im going to get the Progress CS-II's because i have seen a lot of good stuff about them on many of the civic forums, and the price is right. First I'm getting Drag DR-31's in gunmetal grey tho. :D

DoubleJ

They are not that much stiffer, not to mention stiffer doesn't mean it handles better either. You clearly don't autocross much.

PS. I hope Function & Form doesn't ship you leaky shocks like the dozens of examples of that I've seen over on Honda-tech. People open the boxes of their new coilovers and the shock oil is all over the inside of the box.
Most shocks leak a little oil after they're made, its the residual thats left over after assembly. Honda-tech= over opinionated pricks that think they're setup is the only one that works.

As for me i've been running GC and Tokico HP for 10 years so i cant say anything about either of the companies mentioned, however i hear alot about the F&F being good.