Suspension

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Birthday is coming up soon and im wanting some suspension for my civic. I really wanna slam it. Anyone recommend me any good suspension? I'd like coilovers but they're pretty expensive. Only have about $400 or so that they'll spend on a birthday gift. So anyone know anything? Or should I just take money, save up and get a nice set of coilovers? Advice would be appreciated!

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
take the money and save up you can get some form and function type1 for like 600.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Progress CS-II's are great coilovers. I think F&F Type I's are stiffer though. I'd personally spend a little more and go with the Type I's.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Progress CS-II's are great coilovers. I think F&F Type I's are stiffer though. I'd personally spend a little more and go with the Type I's.
Agreed. Suspension is one thing not to go cheap on. You will pay for it in the long run. Don't do it.

And damn, $400 is quite nice for a birthday gift. I thought my family was well off...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Agreed. Suspension is one thing not to go cheap on. You will pay for it in the long run. Don't do it.

And damn, $400 is quite nice for a birthday gift. I thought my family was well off...
The last time I got that much money was a little over 6 years ago when I graduated high school.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I'm turning 18 and just got my car a few weeks ago. So it's not like we have been cruising by. And it'll be my only gift if anything, just money from my family. Like mom, her bf, my dad, brother. I'll be working start of November so I'm just using y birthday here as a chance for some quick parts ya know? Then everything else on my own. It's just I think suspension makes the biggest difference in a car

Anyways, go Type I's?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's up to you. If you want something softer and more comfortable for daily driving, go progress cs-II. The spring rates for them arent too soft but not too aggressive. Perfect for street use and daily driving.

But I prefer a stiffer ride. I love feeling every bump, knowing I have responsive and sharp handling whenever I want it. So it's up to you really. All depends what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk