swap guide

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was lookin through the engine swap guide and wut is the ZC engine? wut r the specs on that thing?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D16A1- 1.6L DOHC- 86-89 Integra (86/87 113hp, 88/89 118hp)

ZC- JDM equivalent of D16A1 but with 130ps

its in the engine code thread

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the teg motor is not a zc. zc is a jdm only motor, it stands for the highest performance d series motors of the time. theres the sohc zc and dohc zc, both only came in jdm cars.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno, i just quoted those from the engine tech code section

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so they r both from a teg? and r they easy to find parts 4?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they are from jdm civics and tegs, i cant remember the exact model off the top of my head. parts for them are interchangeable with any other d series motor. honestly, i would go with a sohc vtec motor from a 92+ civic, the wiring is a bit more difficult, but the tranny has the best gearing, stronger block, better crank, etc. if there is any d series to build up, its a z6 or y8.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
other than a d series wut engine wud be the best bang for the buck and a daily driver

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

b16a2, stock 99-00 Si engine
it really depends. if you have an obd0 car, putting an obd2 motor in it is a huge pain in the ass. as for daily driver, i think torque would be the best thing to have, for better low speed throttle response, and a b16 doesnt have much torque. i would go b18b or even b20 for a true daily driver.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bad, i forgot to even ask what kind of car hes driving

crxtreme

CRX BOY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what u guys are saying is that the sohc zc v-tec has more power then the dohc zc out of the 87-91 teg and civic... But does the sohc engine bolt rite in to a crx like the dohc does?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no zc motor has vtec. the d16z6 and y8 were made after the zc (zc was from 88-91, d16z6 was 92-95, d16y8 was 96-00). the sohc zc has 121 hp, the dohc has 130, the sohc d16z6 has 125 hp, the sohc d16y8 has 127hp. any d series engine will mechanically bolt into a crx, the problem is the wiring. for ease of installation, i would reccomend staying within the same obd range- ie. 91 and earlier was obd0, 92-95 was obd1, and 96+ is obd2. if you have an obd0 car, buy an obd0 engine, unless you want to go through the hassles of wiring.