Swap suggestions

Slimbee

Hey guys i just bought my first car like 5 days ago. It's a full stock 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback with a 1,3 litter engine , its very economic , but in the long run i want to swap it with a VTEC engine, so i was wondering if you can suggest any not budget heavy VTEC engines with good miles per galon, and also what excatly will i need for the swap. Im pretty new to actually doing something on a car, but thats what im learning in school (inter combustion engines). All info is helpful

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to suggest a budget that you realistically have to work with.
You also need to figure out, will you be doing the swap yourself, or will you be paying someone?

The easiest swap and least expensive swap will be a d16z6.

You say you have a 1.3, I assume you're not from the States?

Slimbee

You need to suggest a budget that you realistically have to work with.
You also need to figure out, will you be doing the swap yourself, or will you be paying someone?

The easiest swap and least expensive swap will be a d16z6.

You say you have a 1.3, I assume you're not from the States?
My budget is around 1250$ and im from Europe. I will probably try to swap it myself

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My budget is around 1250$ and im from Europe. I will probably try to swap it myself
Being from Europe, why not swap in a d16a9?
Twin cam non Vtec, but will be a significant boost in power over your 1.3 and shouldn't break the bank.

Slimbee

Twin cam non Vtec, but will be a significant boost in power over your 1.3 and shouldn't break the bank.
Thats not a bad idea at all i can swap one for around 800$ here, but i still would like to taste the VTEC feel

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Better bang from a dohc non-vtec then a sohc vtec imho...

Sent from my boujea ass phone

silverspoon402

Transplant a J30 into that ride! Realistically, an engine swap is no easy task for someone without experience, so you may want a shop to do the labor for you.

Slimbee

Okey i decided then i will put a D16a9 by end of summer thanks alot. Also i have 1 more qustion its a dumb one but im wondering if i have power steering my friends say i do but i think i dont, when i driving the cars its obviously easy to turn but when i stop or drive really slow its hard to turn the wheel so does anybody know if it comes with power steering from the factory

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pop your hood, see if you have a power steering reservoir?