Switch Box in dash?

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to add switch box into my dash for my interior neons. Where would i have to run those to? Or is it possible?

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't have to put a whole box for switches in you car just for neons. Take a look at the picture that I put up in the members area of the Corbeau seats. There's a little switch right next to the parking brake handle. That's my neon switch. Get creative, you can put switches anywhere, even in the little change drawer if you're crafty about it.

The best place to get power for neons is to use the wires going to the cigarette lighter. That way you can be sure that the lights won't stay on when you turn the car off. ;)

Ken

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I already hace my cobra's and my plate into my parking lights, its just that I am putting two, 9"mini tubes under my front seats. Also one of those lights that go with the beat, I forget what they are called. Under my dash on the passenger side so my floor will glow when I am driving. So what i can do is wire those to my parking lights too? or just do it the simple way and get an adapter that has to things, and plug it in there.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not that hard...you dont need an adapter. where do you live?...ill do it for you if you're by me.

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
she doesnt want to cut the wires,but run it with a cig. lighter adapter, waste of time run them on a switch or to an ignition source ( i.e lighter radio ) i personally have run mine in the past to a rocker switch, or like when i had my 89 crx i ran the tube to my dome light switch so at night when i opened my door i had a blue glow and i could switch them on aytime i wanted with my dome switch with a dome light switch you wont need to cut anything but wires from the neons.

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Origanly I wanted my noens to come on when I opened my doors. So If I was to do that I would have to run them to my dome lights. Correct?
And I live in Louisville, Ky--DLS...
The Civic what you did to that civic was BEAUTIFUL! Wow!

twistedWedge

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's not hard at all. i installed a switch for a blacklights that are under my seats. i put the switch right next to the defrost switch. i just ran wire from the battery, through a pre-cut hole in the firewall, and to the switch. more wire was ran from the switch to the lights through the center console. it took a little while for me to do, but it was well worth it. it looks professional.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got two switches where the sunroof operator would be on your civic civicchic, and i got one next to my ebrake like The Civic

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the motor for my sun roof out b/c everytime you would open it it would scratch the paint off and get stuck so I took that out, and evrytime I got it fixed like 2 weeks later it do it again. well, is there a way to wire the lights to there or still to the battery? I am a it lost can you tell? Would that be a problem, that I took the motor out?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
his sunroof gets jammed when he opens it and he has to guide it back in by hand to close it. AND it scratches the paint. must be a fairly common problem, cuz i have seen a couple different cars with the scratches behind the sunroof. :T

bolt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when my sunroof jamed i riped it out and swaped it out w one from a junk yard that worked....took me 2hrs.