Symptoms of bad fuel pump/fuel filter

zach1288

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump/filter?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your fuel pump was no good your car would just crank.

if the fuel filter is no good then youd probly be misfiring and the car would hesitate.

when my injectors were clogged my car usta shake when id floor it.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmm well crap after reading this i need a new fuel filter! i was wondering why my car hesitates in some points of accelertion whats the price tag on a filter and is it hard to install? itd be in the service manual wouldnt it? hehe i guess ill ask now my book is in the car :P

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wetcmonkey said:
hmmm well crap after reading this i need a new fuel filter! i was wondering why my car hesitates in some points of accelertion whats the price tag on a filter and is it hard to install? itd be in the service manual wouldnt it? hehe i guess ill ask now my book is in the car :P
why not try injector cleaner?

i think the fuel filter is on the firewall. the cylinder with a hose on top and on bottom. not positive

edit: could also be spark plugs/wires!

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how frequently should fuel filters be changed on civics?

b16CIVICSI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea my old eg used to flutter/hesitate when i floored so i changed the fuel filter and did a major tune up on it and it ran like new

*fuel filter is located next to the battery takes like 10mins to install

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You tap then gas cap off (to release pressure). You get a 17mm socket / combination wrench and take the top bolt off (while keeping a rag around the filter as fuel WILL spray). Then a 12mm I believe wrench on the bottom hardline and it comes out. wooohoo.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Essasin said:
how frequently should fuel filters be changed on civics?

i'd like to know that also. it might be time to change mine. :shock:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the service manual, but I dont think its TOO often.

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In my experience, the classic signs of a bad fuel pump starts with the staying out at all hours. I've seen it a hundred times. Then it starts to mouth off to you and tell you you don't know what its going through. Next thing you know it's running around syphoning that "high octane" stuff and spends all day sleeping around the house.