Teg into Si

Seruy

5+ Year Member
I was just wondering about putting a GSR engine into 99-00 Si. I was told that the rear engine mount is not lining up right. You have to get the mount kit or just weld it into the Si bay. How close to the truth is that?

Also, is the GSRs cluster swappable into Si? And while I'm at it - leather interior swap along with the arm rest etc.? Is all that interchangeable? Oh and forgot to add the steering column to the list, also changeable? Thanks for any input guys!

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you just have to use the si rear trans bracket. a gsr cluster will go in you just need to move a few wires. seats will swap if you swap the rails. only the top part of the armrest is interchangable, not the whole thing

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really you can keep your si tranny and bolt the b18 to it w/ a lil bit of modification but NO welding like someone told you (they are just crazy :lol: )

Seruy

5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
really you can keep your si tranny and bolt the b18 to it w/ a lil bit of modification but NO welding like someone told you (they are just crazy :lol: )
You see, the thing is that my engine and the tranny are already gone so I cannot reuse anything. I'm probably going to buy a rear mount from the stealership. And as far as the GSR tranny and the shift linkage goes - anything needed for that to go into the 00 Si?