temp fluctuating

cuetip

Registered VIP
Ok i have a 97 civic ek, and what i can see is the temp of the car moves around alot, it doesnt get hot tho, the needle likes to stay right in the middle which i know thats where its not supposed to be, other times when i either press the brake or really just driving down the highway the needle goes down to the cold side, is there really anything messing up or is it time to change out the radiator, water pump, and thermostat, car does have 444k miles

RonJ

Banned
Losing coolant?

Top off the radiator and reservoir with coolant and then thoroughly bleed the cooling system.

cuetip

Registered VIP
Nope i cecked the coolant ron and its all good no leaks anywhere just thought the mileage might have something to do with it

RonJ

Banned
Nope i cecked the coolant ron and its all good no leaks anywhere just thought the mileage might have something to do with it
Did you bleed the cooling system?

cuetip

Registered VIP
Actually i went out there to do that, i pop the hood and come to find out the line that runs from the coolant reservoir to the radiator wasnt even connected, so i put it back on and will drive it, and see if its still doing the samething

RonJ

Banned
Actually i went out there to do that, i pop the hood and come to find out the line that runs from the coolant reservoir to the radiator wasnt even connected, so i put it back on and will drive it, and see if its still doing the samething
If the hose was disconnected, then there's air in the cooling system. Just top off the radiator and reservoir and then bleed the cooling system.

cuetip

Registered VIP
Alright ron i will look up a vid of how to do it and bleed the system and see if that helps

cuetip

Registered VIP
Well ron im going to get a new thermostat since my temp needle never moves off cold

cuetip

Registered VIP
Yes it does work, i start my car 15 minutes before i leave to go home and it barely moves and when i leave and drive 30 minutes to get home, it will either not move or will just fall to the C, but yesterday seemed to work just fine, the needle just moves alot eventho its not supposed to