ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Air filter, cleaned the injectors, fuel pump, O2 sensors?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you able to go to an automotive store and have them read the ECU and get the code? If not you can buy a code reader. They aren't that expensive.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Welcome to CC! Have you asked about this on any VW forums?

Oh and I hope you find your CTR!

Pjotter

Are you able to go to an automotive store and have them read the ECU and get the code? If not you can buy a code reader. They aren't that expensive.
I was thinking of buying one of does. Are they universal for all cars?

Welcome to CC! Have you asked about this on any VW forums?

Oh and I hope you find your CTR!
Nope not yet. But to be honest I'm not planning to spent a lot of money on it anymore. And giving the fact that the garage could not find the failure I'm not sure If I could fix it myself. But I might give it a try. Know any good VW forums?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking of buying one of does. Are they universal for all cars?
I believe there are different connecters for OBD and OBDII cars. I could be wrong though.

Pjotter

So little update from me. I'm planning to sell the Polo soon. But first I want to buy a OBD scanner to read out the error code. Also to show the next buyer that its not a bad thing. And the car can be driven perfectly. I was looking for a Wifi OBD scanner so I could read it out with my iPhone. But seeing its a bit on the pricy site Ill be getting a normall scanner and look up the codes online. (topic: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=208735 )

Pjotter

Update. Got myself a cheap OBD scanner online. Not going for the iPhone connect thing. But a simple handheld.
Today we decided to check out a Honda Dealer on our way back home and they had a nice 1.6 sport (2005) so I had the chance to inspect and check the inside a bit. I like what I saw but it wasn't my Type R :P Also saw they charge around 500 euro to make it "Drive ready" wondering what they do then...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Update. Got myself a cheap OBD scanner online. Not going for the iPhone connect thing. But a simple handheld.
Today we decided to check out a Honda Dealer on our way back home and they had a nice 1.6 sport (2005) so I had the chance to inspect and check the inside a bit. I like what I saw but it wasn't my Type R :P Also saw they charge around 500 euro to make it "Drive ready" wondering what they do then...
Drive ready = having a tech thrash on it one more time before you get it...