The official thread on "What We Could Do to Better Ourselves"

RonJ

Banned
This inspirational thread was spawned by a suggestion from our new member -- my93civic.

Please post thoughts on the things you might do to make yourself a better person.

Let the confessions begin.

The truth will set you free.

my93civic

I had some water today, was that a good idea. if not what could i have done differently? Oh to be clear it was filtered water from a brita pitcher in the refrigerator.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
While I know the origins of this thread, it could actually be a decent thread topic. Here's my attempt to save it before it heads south...

Personally, I could think about what I could do to better myself more often. That's what I could do to better myself. I've been too wrapped up in trying to do the work needed of me for school / work. In many ways, I've been trying to do my best work. However, I haven't spent a whole lot of time to reflect on myself and my progress. Doing this would help me to more effectively move in the right direction - the direction toward improvement.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I farted in line at Wawa waiting to check out. It was nasty. I looked at the old woman behind me with a disgusted look. I probably could have held it...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been exercising more often, and trying to drink a gallon of water a day. So far so good. I can honestly say that I am actively seeking to better myself. One thing that I could do is eat a little better. Being out of work has gotten me eating a variety of junk. (Hamburger helper and similar pre packaged meals).

I like this thread.

RonJ

Banned
I should really visit and talk with my two sisters more often. They're the best sisters ever.

I had some water today, was that a good idea. if not what could i have done differently? Oh to be clear it was filtered water from a brita pitcher in the refrigerator.
Please read the first post carefully. This is a thread of introspection, not an opinion poll where you are spoon fed advice from others. Don't take this thread off track.

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To better myself I really need to start going to the gym, or at least doing something cardio related. I sit all day doing IT stuff. I'm not overweight by any means as I have a super high metabolism, but once that slows down I might be in trouble. I went running a couple times this year and felt great afterwards, but I can never stick to it. One of these days....

I just donated blood though, so I feel pretty good about doing that.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
I'd imagine that if i drank less, worked out more, and played less video games i'd be better off. maybe being proactive about finding a better IT job too....

my93civic

I think i should try to help people more even though i feel they should help themselves and I'll try not to be a jerk as often as well.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just stopping by to say that I am perfect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holding doors and saying thank you is a lost art and I'm trying to bring it back. I believe in leading by example and my hopes are that a youth will see me do it and catch on. And water like stated above =)