THEDARKONE"S Cheap Build Thread

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man you've come a long way since you first joined this forum back on '12. Glad to see you're putting in quality work still! Congrats on the job btw (I know it's been a while haha).
Glad to see you've got your rear setup under control already. EM1 is a direct bolt on, but DC (as stated before) is the same (aside from E-brake cable). Keep it up man!

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
:thumbs up What's next on the agenda?
fix the wheel bearing and then alignment =)

Rear disc is always one of the most involved projects for something so simple... my daily was down for like three weeks while I was doing my conversion because of stupid issues as well.

Regardless, it'll be great once completed. Project looks like its moving just fine... good luck!
yea mine was down for like 2 weeks going 3 because of that wheel bearing :x I tried hammering the bushing but no dice so i just ordered the press.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice job on the rear disc.

You used the tool? That must have been nice. I just used a hammer. :shock:

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You used the tool? That must have been nice. I just used a hammer.
You can rent it from the auto parts store for nothing :lol:

Looks good man. Like TokyoSkies says, quality work :thumbs up:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No one had it!

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Nice job on the rear disc.

You used the tool? That must have been nice. I just used a hammer. :shock:

yea nice and smooth with some grease i tried hammering them in but it kept going cooked.

You can rent it from the auto parts store for nothing :lol:

Looks good man. Like TokyoSkies says, quality work :thumbs up:
No one had it!

^^^yea i looked could not find it so i bought it at amazon :oops:

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^yea i looked could not find it so i bought it at amazon :oops:
I did the same... but I've done 4 sets of bushings since I bought it, so I'm getting my money's worth.

Car's coming along nicely.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
so iv been driving for three weeks or so and i made an exit off the freeway and i was stopped then i herd a hiss sound and the pedal went to the floor. i thought it was not a big deal since i new my master cylinder was going bad i just thought it took a s*** when i came to work i checked the resavor and it as empty i checked and it was wet around the rim, i bought one from Autozone bleed it and drove it home. emailed Goodridge hope they can sell me a front one. :cool:

closer look

that's a good excuse to install this, that i bought like a week after doing my rear disc swap so i guess i have that going for me. :D :x

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotta check that clearance around the wheels. I had one rub and eventually bust on me too.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
yea your right i could of saved my self a headache. and it would of taken a quick minute. well I got a new one thanks to a guy in Washington, sorry pics are s***y!! and phone is broken haha

After the brake line rubbed through i was scared something else was going to fail I knew my upper control arm was bad the ball joint was separating and you can hear a clunk sound on every dip so I ordered these.

also my new line came in

Also I might as well

I really need to get pics of de car
:D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Next post will be about the UCA camber bolts hitting the top of the wheel well from time to time.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
:thumbs up

I know a guy that can modify the strut tower ;)
f*** that i was going to raise my car but i could not find the wrenches. But for right now they are not hitting but Im going to give it a week..

Also went to check my aliment at the shop and my rear toe is maxed out. on the left side so you know whats next :x

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
So i redid my right front ball joint when I did it the first time I squeezed it together by not using the tool correctly and created a gap every time I went on a dip or hump there would be a clunk since I really want to make it to my goal to go to the track by the beginning of next month and its super unsafe so I replaced it. :D

OLD:

Also picked up on some wheels

[/url]