10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go to post #8 for the newest link.

Last edited:

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks tempting. If they have any left I might just get them.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been wanting hids, are these easy to install? I have an ej8. also which pair should I get? Are the Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon Projectors high beam and low beam?

lol so many questions sorry! I feel like I should hop on this though

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, bi-xenon means high beam and low beam. Single xenon is just low beam. I have the Mini H1's and the easy is RIDICULOUSLY easy. I wrote a How-To in the exterior section.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks John I found it! and I just can put these in my stock headlights and they're legal?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks John I found it! and I just can put these in my stock headlights and they're legal?
To be quite honest, I'm not sure. I think it varies state to state but again, not sure. I've read it's not legal because you're not supposed to have HID's in headlights that weren't originally equipped with them. But then again, when you retrofit, you're adding the projector which is allowing the HID to be used properly? If that makes any sense. I dunno lol.

Think of it this way... I've read 1 out of like every 30 cars in California have P&P kits without a proper retrofit. I'm sure if they can get away with it, we'll be fine with our retrofits ;).

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that makes sense. haha well I do see everyone running hid's so I imagine cops don't crack down on it too much.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member