this forum is dead

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a question,
why is it that import owners are always so worried about the weight of their wheels, but then they have 100 pounds of stereo equipment in the trunk, or a heavy ass body kit? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.
BTW i don't mean to generalize, not all import owners are like that, it just seems that many are.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "TurboZinc"

I have a question,
why is it that import owners are always so worried about the weight of their wheels, but then they have 100 pounds of stereo equipment in the trunk, or a heavy ass body kit? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.
BTW i don't mean to generalize, not all import owners are like that, it just seems that many are.
Alot of people keep their stereo equipment to a minimum, maybe one sub in a small box. And heqavy bodykits? Have you ever picked up a kit as opposed to oem bumpers? well i have to say that they are lighter than the oem stuff. Since imports are such a trend now it is mostly the newbies that are asking the question and having the big system.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good question, i never thought about that. yeah, i would agree that its probably trendy import drivers that contradict themselves.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, thanks
I know that on my mustang the bumpers are extremely light and most body kits, again for the mustang, add a decent amount of weight. This might not be true for civics though.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my front bumper feels sooooo light.... im scared to drive now, living with the fear that a rock is gonna crack it...... :-(

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
usually people mount their amp to their sub box so when they go racing then can just unplug the wires easily.

as far as bodykit goes, a lot of bodykits are made out of fiberglass which is lighter then plastic. but not all bodykits are light. i remember having a spoiler which weighted a ton. but some bodykits do make a difference in it being aero dynamic. but i do agree 90% of them do jack except for looks.

im personally am worried about wheel weights. ironically im not worried about the weight of tires. my falken azenis weights a whole lot while my rims only weigh 10.5lbs each.

btw. i was kinda surprised that you said your mustang bumper is light. no offense but i thought that it be very heavy since its an american car. see how little i know about american cars. . .

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No offense taken :mrgreen:
The front bumper cover is just plastic, it isn't going to be too heavy. The car itself is quite heavy though. I've never had my car weighed, i'd love to see how much it weighs, but on average i think the newer mustangs average around 3300lbs or so. The car could really go on a diet.
With wheels, for me anyway, the bigger the better. The wider the wheel is the more tire i can fit on it. Weight isn't as much of an issue as trying to catch traction. Of course when i say bigger is better, i'd never throw some dubs on the 'stang. 18's are the biggest i'd go. I'd love to get some 18x9/18x10 saleen wheels.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow your car is 1000+ lbs more then mine =P

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

wow your car is 1000+ lbs more then mine =P