This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I got the car tuned last night over at command performance. If you guys have ever seen or heard of the straight jacket R35 then you may know of them. That's the shop that cars from. Jamie Marsh was the man behind the keyboard. I ended up with 227/152 not bad for a stock k20a2. The power band is so much smoother and wow what a difference it makes just how well the car pulls now.

Also installed the new rotor and brakes

Here's a clip of one of the pulls. I believe I was around 214whp for this pull.

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's crazy feeling the smoothness like you said, especially when it's already quick and then it gets a night and day upgrade from the tune. :thumbs up

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That was wild. Well worth the hundred pages of playing catch-up :mrgreen:

Awesome build :thumbs up

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That was wild. Well worth the hundred pages of playing catch-up :mrgreen:

Awesome build :thumbs up
Thanks for taking the time to read it all man. This is just the beginning of another chapter. I have some nice plans for the future with this new power plant.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hope more people do this and take their time to build a ride, K series or not.
You it the nail on the head. If more people took their time there would be a lot more clean cars in the Honda community. It's honestly better in my opinion to take your time it makes the build that more meaningful and fulfilling in the end I think.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's up guy. Not anything new other than having to repair things due to the poor design of the K-Tuned AC/PS delete kit. I have the V2 I know there's a V3 out that may have corrected some of the issues I've ran into. But for only having the car on the road for 2months I did not expect to run into these issues. For one the supplied fastener hardware for the bolt that hold the pulley stripped on me due to it being made from aluminum. So I remade it myself out of stainless steel. Then I had the top Alternator bolt that bolts into the water pump housing snap inside the housing. So to fix that I had to use another bolt and a nut to apply tension to the Alternator so it's secure. I plan to fab up something a lot better when I get the time. But on to the pictures of the recent stressful but small issues.

Strip hardware

Temporary fix

Making of new hardware

After heat treatment

After being sand blasted

Comparison

Installed

After bolt broke

Solution for now

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
What's up guy. Not anything new other than having to repair things due to the poor design of the K-Tuned AC/PS delete kit. I have the V2 I know there's a V3 out that may have corrected some of the issues I've ran into. But for only having the car on the road for 2months I did not expect to run into these issues. For one the supplied fastener hardware for the bolt that hold the pulley stripped on me due to it being made from aluminum. So I remade it myself out of stainless steel. Then I had the top Alternator bolt that bolts into the water pump housing snap inside the housing. So to fix that I had to use another bolt and a nut to apply tension to the Alternator so it's secure. I plan to fab up something a lot better when I get the time. But on to the pictures of the recent stressful but small issues.

Strip hardware

Temporary fix

Making of new hardware

After heat treatment

After being sand blasted

Comparison

Installed

After bolt broke

Solution for now
It sucks that kit was so poorly engineered. Those same problems you had are apparently extremely common and well documented. That's why they chose to redesign the lower bracket recently to keep that long bolt from breaking. Why they would make that threaded insert out of aluminum is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It sucks that kit was so poorly engineered. Those same problems you had are apparently extremely common and well documented. That's why they chose to redesign the lower bracket recently to keep that long bolt from breaking. Why they would make that threaded insert out of aluminum is beyond me.

Yea it's definitely something I wasn't expecting this early. I know a few people have had these issue but most people run into this much later down the line.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Yea it's definitely something I wasn't expecting this early. I know a few people have had these issue but most people run into this much later down the line.
It seems like more than just a few have had the same problem. There's an entire thread on k20a.org about it. One of the main reasons I didn't purchase one of those myself. Did you try to get in touch with k tuned and see if they would get you hooked up w one of the new brackets?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just recently got my hands on the new lower bracket that the alternator bolts onto....from the looks of it, I doubt that is going to fix anything with those bolts breaking. My bolt broke from using the Karcepts AC/PS delete kit which is basically the same thing. I don't know if mine broke early or long down the road, because I couldn't tell until I tried to remove the AC/PS delete. I've never bothered putting a new upper bolt in. I placed a lock nut on the back of the lower bolts that hold the alternator on and I have been running it that way for a couple years.

That threaded but piece though, I've never seen an issue with that part until yours. The current AC/PS has a different a different piece and it's stainless instead of aluminum, so I guess they noticed that weakness on their own or had other complaints and fixed it. I'd always get in touch with them about stuff because they have actually helped me and I hear of them modifying their parts to be better all the time.

oh yeah, they also made the upper alternator bolts with their kit a higher grade bolt ( K-Tuned did), I haven't heard of Karcepts fixing theirs at all.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
I just recently got my hands on the new lower bracket that the alternator bolts onto....from the looks of it, I doubt that is going to fix anything with those bolts breaking. My bolt broke from using the Karcepts AC/PS delete kit which is basically the same thing. I don't know if mine broke early or long down the road, because I couldn't tell until I tried to remove the AC/PS delete. I've never bothered putting a new upper bolt in. I placed a lock nut on the back of the lower bolts that hold the alternator on and I have been running it that way for a couple years.

That threaded but piece though, I've never seen an issue with that part until yours. The current AC/PS has a different a different piece and it's stainless instead of aluminum, so I guess they noticed that weakness on their own or had other complaints and fixed it. I'd always get in touch with them about stuff because they have actually helped me and I hear of them modifying their parts to be better all the time.

oh yeah, they also made the upper alternator bolts with their kit a higher grade bolt ( K-Tuned did), I haven't heard of Karcepts fixing theirs at all.
That is the good thing about ktuned is that they're constantly trying to make their parts better by redesigning them. They obviously care about the quality and longevity of their parts. I was under the impression that the purpose of switching to steel for the lower bracket was to make it stiffer and more supportive in the hope that it would negate the leverage put on that upper bolt? I guess only time will tell whether it's a solution or not.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was under the impression that the purpose of switching to steel for the lower bracket was to make it stiffer and more supportive in the hope that it would negate the leverage put on that upper bolt?
I'm not entirely sure. It's steel, and also thinner than before...much thinner. They also added nuts for the lower bolts like my personal solution. From what it seems to me, the upper bolt suffers from a ton of vibration as well as the weight it has to support at that angle. With me not using the upper bolt, you can really see how much movement the alternator goes through even when it's locked in place by the lower bolts and pulley. When you look at the oem location, the alternator upper bolt is straight and it also doesn't vibrate like it does with these delete kits.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Feels like it's been forever since I've been in here. Not to much has changed honestly. I've had a ton of problems over the last 6 month most of which were related to electrical issues but I think I've manage to fix most of them. Currently planning to get the car retuned just to clean everything up after all the issues and hopefully I'll be able to attend a upcoming track event in October.

Which brings me to these. Traklite Launch wheel set front 13x8 and rear 15x3. The front tires are 24.5x8 which are a little big for my setup so I plan to source a used set of 23x8 if I can if not I'll either rock out with these and hope I don't break anything or pull the trigger and drop $350 on a new set. I have a a2 transmission with a 4.3 final and 230whp isn't really the ideal power to safety move a tire that size with the final drive I have.