BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe this is the kit for me...

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=548

Its a 22 mm ctr sway bar and asr frame brace reinforcement.

I would like to know if anyone has any negative postive thoughts on this setup.

If anyone knows where i can get this cheaper then let me know please cause it doesnt get any more expensive kingmotorsports lol. 340 isnt that bad to me though..

heres a pic

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
I dunno about that setup, but i bet it will be qutie good with tuning. All i know is that if you mess up the rear sway bar, you can seriously mess up your handling, like getting the rear end to spin all the time.

autox7

5+ Year Member
I have that exact same set up and would highly recommend it. You will not get too much oversteer, you car will handle nicely.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have si bar in back and CTR bar up front :thumbs up, so I imagine it will be just as good having the CTR bar in the back.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
I have si bar in back and CTR bar up front :thumbs up, so I imagine it will be just as good having the CTR bar in the back.
autox7 said:
I have that exact same set up and would highly recommend it. You will not get too much oversteer, you car will handle nicely.
thanks guys... i thought about 32 mm for a quick second but thats definatly over kill

AMR Engineering

5+ Year Member
The ASR bar is the s**t. Its the best designed bar for our cars. I recommend the setup to all my customers that purchase our coilover systems. I have the setup on all the cars that we work on. I wish they had a better price break for dealers cause I would love to sell them since I recommend them soo damn much haha.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats good to know thanks man

i really tried looking for it cheaper.. i cant find it anywhere

do_0b

5+ Year Member
dude passwordjdm has just the asr brace for 180+shipp. You can find and 22mm itr bar for about 100. that would save you quite a few bucks. The ASR is great, i would not run a swaybar larger than 13mm w/out one.
RockintheEKoupe said:
I dunno about that setup, but i bet it will be qutie good with tuning. All i know is that if you mess up the rear sway bar, you can seriously mess up your handling, like getting the rear end to spin all the time.
i dont think this guy knows what hes talking about...

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do_0b said:
dude passwordjdm has just the asr brace for 180+shipp. You can find and 22mm itr bar for about 100. that would save you quite a few bucks. The ASR is great, i would not run a swaybar larger than 13mm w/out one.

i dont think this guy knows what hes talking about...
i see exactly what you are saying but in my opinion i hate having to track down brackets, end brackets, d brackerts, bushings, and misc bolting materials.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One thing you have to know for this .........

Your car will handle completely different. Your ass end will be more prone to sliding out. You need to take baby steps when learning how to push your car again.

Another thing to get which would not be a horrible idea is some 94-01 integra gsr front LCA's and front sway bar. This will help even the car out.

do_0b

5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
i see exactly what you are saying but in my opinion i hate having to track down brackets, end brackets, d brackerts, bushings, and misc bolting materials.
ah i forget non si civics dont have oem swaybar and hardware. well if you do what i suggest all you would need are the swaybar brackets and bushings, i suggest prothane and energy suspension. that will run you about 15. and endlinks, i suggest function7 that are about 45. so you do the math, this stuff is much better than the oem stuff they offer in that package. either way you wont be dissappointed.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not go with a Comptech swaybar/tie bar combo??? i think they are similarly priced...

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
Why not go with a Comptech swaybar/tie bar combo??? i think they are similarly priced...
does the tie bar included act as reinforcement or is it a regular tie bar?

ryanM

arguably the best setup for our cars :thumbs up

i would get this setup, but i cant swing the price. especially since im seriously considering not modding my civic anymore

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
does the tie bar included act as reinforcement or is it a regular tie bar?
The Comptech set up was the original subframe brace/LTB. The ASR to me is just a cheap knock off. I'd trade my SRR set up for a Comptech anyday, I can't say the same for the ASR. The price is about the same though.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
One thing you have to know for this .........

Your car will handle completely different. Your ass end will be more prone to sliding out. You need to take baby steps when learning how to push your car again.

Another thing to get which would not be a horrible idea is some 94-01 integra gsr front LCA's and front sway bar. This will help even the car out.
Sorry for the douple post but I have to add.......

The rear end reaction is a true statement buut not something that can't be compensated for. IMO left foot braking should be used whenever in a hard turn. If you are already left foot braking, which you should be in a turn hard and fast enough to break rear traction, all you have to do is release a little brake pressure and give a little throttle thus turning oversteer into understeer. Not an easy thing to to on the fly but hopefully all that you've read until this point sticks.

As far as the front sway bar, that's all opinion. I like the balance my front sway offered but I have friends that removed the front sway to cater to their driving style. What ever works for you. Leave no stone unturned when it comes to your ow suspension tuning.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prefer the comptech.. its adjustable.. had it for about 2 years and love it.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
prefer the comptech.. its adjustable.. had it for about 2 years and love it.
anekin! mr. suspension himself :lol:

where did you get your comptech package from i am taking it into consideration