Ticket questions...

So I heard you can get out of a ticket if the officer doesn't show up in court, how does this work... I blew a pointless stop sign*, and I really want to find out about this.

*The stop sign was in a nieghborhood at a T section, they made it a pointless 3way stop instead of letting the str8 line move forward.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you have to plead not guilty.. then pray to whatever all mighty that you wish that the ociffer doesnt show up for whatever reason

Zax_Burner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well my buddy is in the situation like you, except what he's charged for. He's been to court twice already, and both times, the officer didn't show up, so they just keep pushing back the date. So don't count on getting out of it. Hopefully they just throw it out, if he dosen't show up.

Zax_Burner

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pointless huh?

I live near a "pointless" 3 way stop T-intersection. It's totally blind until you are at the stopsign headed eastbound (on the straight through side). Some knob-goblin in a 1.8T Jetta blows through that thing everyday at at least 50 mph.

Here's my dilemma:
Should I videotape this dickless fool blowing the stop sign at 50 mph in a residential area posted at 30 and submit it to the police?

Or should I load up on All-Star or Polar Ice paintballs, crank up the velocity, and "Stitch the b***h"?

I personally favor painting his ass. His windows are always down and All-Star has a tendancy to stain. :twisted:

But then I could get into legal trouble myself or he could have 3 other guys all armed with better markers and/or real guns.

and yeah...if the cop doesn't show the judge can either dismiss it entirely or reset the court date. Generally they'll just dismiss it to prevent a further backlog of cases.
In some cities, court appearances are not patrol time and count as overtime. For time and a half, cops usually show up.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, my parents house (my place of employment :lol: ) is on the corner of a *pointless* 3-way T-Stop.....

.....i'll include an image for reference......

basically, nobody stops coming from ANY direction, no matter what....ESPECIALLY from the wealthy gated community....its roughly 100 feet from the gate, to the stop sign on their end....once the gate opens, they floor it, and just cruise on through, usually already at the posted speed limit by the time they hit the intersection.....

i see it dozens of times per day, and it really urks me....for a while, i stood out by the road, and flagged them down acting like i had a question to ask them.....then just told them that they missed the stop sign.....nobody liked that

so finally i called the cops....they set up shop under that large clump of trees on the left, by the entrance lane of the gated community....i couldnt count how many tickets they handed out that day :lol: :lol:....

it would be good for a week, then everyone would go right back to speeding through the 3-way stop....:what:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Pointless huh?

I live near a "pointless" 3 way stop T-intersection. It's totally blind until you are at the stopsign headed eastbound (on the straight through side). Some knob-goblin in a 1.8T Jetta blows through that thing everyday at at least 50 mph.

Here's my dilemma:
Should I videotape this dickless fool blowing the stop sign at 50 mph in a residential area posted at 30 and submit it to the police?

Or should I load up on All-Star or Polar Ice paintballs, crank up the velocity, and "Stitch the b***h"?

I personally favor painting his ass. His windows are always down and All-Star has a tendancy to stain. :twisted:

But then I could get into legal trouble myself or he could have 3 other guys all armed with better markers and/or real guns.

and yeah...if the cop doesn't show the judge can either dismiss it entirely or reset the court date. Generally they'll just dismiss it to prevent a further backlog of cases.
In some cities, court appearances are not patrol time and count as overtime. For time and a half, cops usually show up.
so hide in a bush and paint his ass.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a 4 pt ticket here in indiana so i would deem that attourney worthy (meaning pay a lawyer to get it taken care of)

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definately take your chances, and show up. From what I've seen up here anyways, there's a good chance they won't show. Worst comes to worst, even if they do, you still have to pay the ticket, so what do you have to lose?

As for the paintball......lie in wait in the bushes and then open up on his ass. Hopefully ya got one of those semi-automatic ones and not a single shot pump

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about this, just pay for the ticket :D if you don't like the rules of the road then just don't drive ;) if you brake the rules then just be a man and accept the consequences.

Try being mexican or black and getting stopped for no reason at all :( Hell, try being mexican or black and getting arrested for no reason at all and having the cops going through a book at the cop shop trying to figure out what to charge you with :x

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
How about this, just pay for the ticket :D if you don't like the rules of the road then just don't drive ;) if you brake the rules then just be a man and accept the consequences.

Try being mexican or black and getting stopped for no reason at all :( Hell, try being mexican or black and getting arrested for no reason at all and having the cops going through a book at the cop shop trying to figure out what to charge you with :x
i've been there... cept i'm white :lol:

cop pulled me over for "speeding"... unfortunately we were only a few hundred yards from the posted speed limit sign that showed he was a retard and in fact i was going 4mph under the speed limit
then he told me to get back in my car. he walks around my car 3 times before coming up to my window and saying "you dont have a front license plate, i'm gonna have to cite you.."
i tell him that i know i dont have a front license plate, but that my dmv temporary plate hanging in my rear window means that i dont need a front plate untill i recieve my new ones from the dmv.

then he asked me if he could search my car... when i told him no he had me get out, patted me down, cuffed me and put me in the back of the patrol car. i was there for about an hour while other cops came and went and talked to my "arresting officer" to see what they could get me on.... when they realized that they were gonna be very hard pressed to make anything stick, they let me go

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
All-Stars FTW
Aiight...but I'm going to feel like a real dumbass if he pulls a real gun on me.....a real dumbass running 100m dash in about 9.76 into the woods.
All-star's fill is nasty stuff....It stains real good. I got some douple paned Scott goggles that have a dot in the lenses from getting painted with that stuff :lol:
$lick Rick said:

...then he asked me if he could search my car... when i told him no he had me get out, patted me down, cuffed me and put me in the back of the patrol car....
They asked?

I got pulled over for a crack in my windshield. The crack ran from about 4 inches up on my A-pillar horizontally across about 8 or so inches and down. It was not in my field of vision. I don't even know how the cop saw it. It's not illegal to have a crack like that in Texas. Apparently it is in California. Anyway the cop asked me for my license, registration, and proof of financial responsibility. I gave him my license and insurance card.
"Sir, I need your registration also."
I pointed at my registration sticker on the windshield, "Right there sir."
"No, that's a sticker sir. I need your registration."
"Uhhhhhh.....That's what we get." :???:
"Step out of the car."

he made me stand at the front of my car with my hands on the hood while he looked in my console and glove compartment. He did not ask. (and if I was holding I wouldn't store it there anyway) He made me stand there for about 15 minutes after his dork cop buddy showed up deciding what to do with me.

They didn't handcuff me though. I just stood there waiting for my car to get hit from behind and kill me while my hands burn on this hot ass hood.

They gave me a written warning to fix my windshield. I never reported to any court in California so who knows. :what: maybe I gotta' warrant in Ah-noldland. :lol:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

cop pulled me over for "speeding"... unfortunately we were only a few hundred yards from the posted speed limit sign that showed he was a retard and in fact i was going 4mph under the speed limit
then he told me to get back in my car. he walks around my car 3 times before coming up to my window and saying "you dont have a front license plate, i'm gonna have to cite you.."
i tell him that i know i dont have a front license plate, but that my dmv temporary plate hanging in my rear window means that i dont need a front plate untill i recieve my new ones from the dmv.

then he asked me if he could search my car... when i told him no he had me get out, patted me down, cuffed me and put me in the back of the patrol car. i was there for about an hour while other cops came and went and talked to my "arresting officer" to see what they could get me on.... when they realized that they were gonna be very hard pressed to make anything stick, they let me go
Exactly, it could happen to anyone. It just depends on your appearance or what you drive but you slick, you're an albino negro :lol: that's why you were stopped. Not to mention your 420 bumper sticker :oops:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Didn't you know having a sticker for registration is probable cause?

Cops really don't like hondas. This past week, my girlfriends protege had a small tear in an upper radiator hose, and it started overheating as we were driving to her house, we pulled over at this goody mart thing and popped the hood to let it cool down, we called her dad and he was going to bring some antifreeze just so we could get it back to her house, and try to patch or replace the hose there, because the korean guy did not like us sitting outside his shop, even though we couldn't really move.

There was a cop there getting paid overtime to stop traffic for construction or something, he comes over as we pull over, like he started walking as soon as we pulled in, for what I though was to help us or something. Even though it was my girls car that was smoking, he asks me how old I am, I say 18. He says, "You're 18?" with a suprised look on my face. I don't think I look young for my age. He asks for my ID, looks at it for a good 40 seconds and gives it back to me. Me asks if the smoking car is mine, even though my girlfriend was driving it, and I was driving mine. All this is going on without him even looking at my girlfriend, who's car is smoking. He asks if the the black car is mine (duh) and if my exhaust system is legal. I say yes and I ask him why he is asking me all these questions. He proceeds to tell me theres a problem with streetracing in this area. It's a two lane small road with curves, multiple neighborhoods and hills. I know where the racing is around here and it's nowhere near where we were. Then he goes back to his job without really helping us at all, except saying, looks like you got a radiator leak try and get going asap so it doesn't get all over the parking area.

Then as my girl's dad, me, and her were leaving he stopped us, because he was stopping traffic. My girlfriends dad honks at him to get his attention and says, we really need to get moving, theres a leak here and we dont want it to overheat and damage anything. There were no other cars on the road at the time in either direction. He walks up to his car and says, "SIR, DO NOT HONK YOUR HORN, it is used only for emergency's." My girfriends dad just says, your a f**king jerk, and starts driving away. Sorry that was so long :lol:

Anyway about your ticket I would just pay it, you broke the law, and you should pay the price :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That idea that the ticket will get dropped if the cop doesn't show is false. First, a cop can write in. Second, they can reschedule it.
$lick Rick said:
:werd: I've been pulled over when I'm completely innocent too. Young white girl in a blue 350Z.. must be racing. If it makes you feel any better, I was pulled over by a black male cop that time. So far, the rudest cops to me were black male cops. Thewy both told me I was doing somethign I was not doing. One followed me through the fog for a mile and said I was going 70mph. I never went more than 60mph. One white female cop had me follow her to her next stop, but she was mad at the other guy more than anything.