tickin noise

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
so i was at mcdonalds yesterday and as i revved up my engine i heard this ticking noise tapping noise it was a weird noise and never heard before and my car was pretty warm was driving it for bout 1 hr .. i was wondering what this might be it already had a ticking noise i thought it was from a injector but now it has 2 just wondering what it might be ... could it be anything to do with the timing belt? i have 98,000 miles on it and yea thanks for your help

Civicracer876

5+ Year Member
yeah it myt be time 4 a valve adjustment!... just my thoughts

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it get louder as you rev it higher?

kdawg97ex

5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
does it get louder as you rev it higher?
Yes i believe it does. whatchu think it is valves? hopefully i think easy to adjust right?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, pretty much the valves needs adjustment. Don't worry it's not going to cause much harm, just get it done soon.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it gets louder as you rev higher its most def a spun bearing on the crank shaft, also known as a rod knock, if you want, you can wait for the engine to kill itself, or you can try and fix it, but it may cost more then the engine itself.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'll do that. If you keep it at idle and then rev it, it will sound like it did at first. But driving usually cuts down on the noise.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob said:
could'nt it be a bent valve?
not if it gets louder as it revs. A bent valve would be a consistant sound.