Tire Size & Wheel Width/Offset for 16in Wheels

Chance EG

Yes, I've already tried searching but there's so many variables here that it's hard to find the exact information I'm looking for.

These wheels will go on a turbo EG Hatch pushing about 475-500WHP. I'm planning on using CCW LM16 3-piece wheels, 16in. Ideally I'd like to fit at least 225 tires on the front and 205 offset on the rear with maximum contact patch. The car will only be slightly lowered on ground control/koni yellows, and both the front and rear fenders will be rolled/pulled.

I'm not entirely sure what offset or width I should be using on the wheels yet. From what I've seen, most people seem to use 32-38mm offsets. I'm thinking a width somewhere between 7.5->8.5 is what I'm looking for.

If anyone has any advice for high power 5th gens I'd appreciate it. Also any photos of combinations like this would be great.

Here's an EK running 245/35/16 on 16x8.5 wheels, but I'm not sure if this would also be possible on an EG or what his offset is: http://www.flushstance.com/thestance/import/function-over-form-blown-k20/

The ultimate goal here is traction.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Although I'm not a function guy myself, I can add to this that the most you could run for backspacing on Civics/Integras (years 88-00) is about 6". From there figure out how wide you want to go, then how much you want your tires/wheels to stick out. You could use websites like willtheyfit.com to see offset vs width and such.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
8.5" width rims with high offset you might rub on the inside when ever you turn your steeringwheel full lock to lock especially if your gonna run with 225 or wider tires. 32-38 offset will be ok if your wheels are about 7" width. I how ever have 16x8.25 with +0 offset( yea its got bit of a poke). with 8" width rims you should go with +20-25 offset it would more flush with the outside edge of the fenders and you won't have that super sunk in look