Tire wear

Eg Hatch 93

alright so, i got my car about 11 days ago, and the front tires on it were just good enough to pass inspection here, treads were just right on the head of a penny, so the other night, i was driving in the rain, and i was hydroplaning the front end like crazy only going about 35-40. my steering wheel was going crazy, and i got out and realized that my front tires were completely bald, i mean, not even ANY tread, straight rubber band status. i only burnt out 2 times since i had picked up the car, does anyone have any ideas as to why the burned through that fast? my car is lowered 3 inches, skunk2 coilovers and camberkit. what things could have made an effect on how fast my tires went? do i need new bushings somewhere?

thanks in advance.

DoubleJ

1. Check for worn parts and replace as necessary (ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, all bushings)

2. Get a good alignment, cross caster and cross camber are no more than a .3 split and all other specs are to the 1/10 or .1

3. Buy good tires and when they balance them have the wheels with the least amount of weight put in the front (this is my personal preference and isnt required)

4. Stop doing burnouts

Eg Hatch 93

thanks! any specific brand of tires you reccommend? i need some all seasons, as its going into winter mode here in PA.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It sounds like you need an alignment. Is the wear uneven? Is one side worn more than the other? Is one side cupping (run your hand along and feel for a wave and sharp edges)?

It sounds like you need an alignment. I'm lowered 2-2.5 and I was at the drag strip a few weeks ago heating up my tires for 3-4 runs and I barely lost tread.

Eg Hatch 93

what size wheels?
only 15's, i just went to this place today called "hardly used tires" and got new front toyo tires, still with A LOT of tread on them, mounted and balanced for 60 dollars flat, and they took care of my old tires, getting rid of them and such.

Eg Hatch 93

It sounds like you need an alignment. Is the wear uneven? Is one side worn more than the other? Is one side cupping (run your hand along and feel for a wave and sharp edges)?
I do need an alignment, the wear on the front left tire was a tad uneven, the front right tire was completely bald, im talking, not even any tread on the sides.