Tires

Proud owner of a red 1991 Honda Civic DX hatchback. It’s time to get Betty some new tires and the pickings are slim. What tires do you have on your hatchback?

Looking at tirerack’s selection but so far haven’t been able to find other online shops that have them. I’ll probably order from them—but before I do, checking with fellow enthusiasts for suggestions for brands/online shops. The local shops I’ve checked with don’t carry 13” tires.

TIA

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Upgrade to a 14 or 15" wheel.
Not only will it look better without the pizza cutters, but it will handle better.

boltreaver

I'm currently checking 4wheelonline for replacement wheels for my rig as well. I want to have a chrome wheel but not sure which kind of tires would go along with it. I do hope I could make the necessary adjustments and upgrades this month though.

machonda91

I bought very lightly used Kelly's. I've bought odd singles to make a matched pair on eBay. I've had house brands that weren't durable. I've also bought tires made in China - because you can't find small tires everywhere. i go by tread - must be consistent all season radial, and then brand. Another $10-15 for a quality brand is worth it in the long run because they're more likely to reach their stated mileage.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would just stay away from Chinese tires altogether and stick with known quality brands.