to 7th gen ex coupe owners

Tay2610

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by boostedbar
whats even more exciting is when people start hittin up the 13's or even 12's with a nice setup with a d17 and turbo. it's even more exciting than a dumb ole k20 swap
Your right 220 nautrally aspirated horsepower is dumb.

BoostedCivicZex

I boost and spray,do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by mistaxmike
i'm goin up north next sat w/my friend to get his k20 in. the guy who's doing the swap is supposedly the 2nd guy to ever do it. i forgot his name tho.
theres at least 7 guys that have that swap already

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Tay2610
Your right 220 nautrally aspirated horsepower is dumb.

u can get more than 220 NA tuning the k-series...its actually closer to 250......now thats tight

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BoostedCivicZex
theres at least 7 guys that have that swap already
i'm sure there are (and more) but what i said was the guy who's actually doing the swap was number two on the list. nothing special. my friend basically bought the whole car (type r) came w/type-r rims body, lights, engine, etc.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Blue2k2
u can get more than 220 NA tuning the k-series...its actually closer to 250......now thats tight
Correction - it's 300.

twistedkaoz

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by mistaxmike
hehe no kidding. well i didn't buy my civic for speed either cuz i expected it to be slow. just not that slow. but it's ok... i'm not plannin on goin turbo. swap maybe later on. my friend is putting his k20 in next week so we're goin up to frisco to do it. he had to wait months for it to pass cuz he's basically buying the whole car (type r). anyhow we'll see, and i'll take pics of the swap for ya'll. btw if anyone knows of any good/cheap places in OC for performance parts, let me know pls.

well im really kinda a newbie... but the k20 is the rsx engine right??... i was plannin just to put tha integra type r engine in mine... how much is the k20 anyways with like almost 0 mileage...

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by twistedkaoz
well im really kinda a newbie... but the k20 is the rsx engine right??... i was plannin just to put tha integra type r engine in mine... how much is the k20 anyways with like almost 0 mileage...
It will be pretty hard to find k20a engine with almost 0 miles..
Engine could cost you around 5g. and you will need to buy new motor mounts.+ other junks.
RSX JDM FRONT CLIP: $13,000
Sell the dash headlights,fenders,hood and front bumper
and you will have paid about $6,000 for the motor.

Hasport mounts:$695

2001 RSX type S harness is needed: $445
the rsx type s needs to be modified for the civic in order
plug in and vtech pressure switch needs to be removed

Send harness to hasport (civic and RSX type s)
pay for shipping both ways and wiring: $300
with shipping

If you use the JDM ecu you need to have the immobilizer
removed: I wanted an immobilizer so I found a junk yard with
a key,cylinder lock and computer so that the ECU and Key matched
(but it was a type S ecu!) $700

Send ECU to hondata to update to typr r program. Also the hardware in the ECU
that looks for the vtech pressure switch needs to be removed. So there is hardware
mods to the ecu that costs extra.If you don't remove it you will get a check engine light!
$850

RSX Type S o2 sensors: (2x) These are considered the air fuel ratio sensors inlike the civc they cost about $60 for one but the rsx needs Wideband o2s to meet more emissions friendly requirements. Also if you don't use the rsx o2s you will get a check engine light and your engine will dump alot of fuel. RSX o2 sensors: $480

Installation of the motor: $2600

----------------------------------------------
K20A2 or K20A3 (from Civic Si) Engine With:
- AC compressor
- alternator
- P/S pump or idler pulley (from Civic Si)
- wiring harness
- exhaust manifold and catalytic converter

- ECU
- Transmission and starter
- intermediate shaft
- Axles from either 02 Civic Si or 94 up Integra GSR (we used 02 RSX with RSX knuckles and hubs)
- RSX or 02 Civic Si subframe
- Hasport ESK1 bolt in mount kit (as of this time the kit will not work with the K24)
- Hasport ESKWH conversion wiring harness
- RSX shifter assembly and cables
- 02 Civic Si radiator and fans (although the RSX will fit with some trimming around the radiator cap opening in the grill)
- 02 Civic Si upper and lower radiator hoses (RSX are longer and may kink)
- RSX throttle cable
- RSX fuel line, brake booster line and purge line
- RSX AC line from compressor to condensor
- RSX clutch lines from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder
- Custom AC line from compressor to evaporator (Hasport should have one available by April)
- 90 Accord negative battery cable

- If you want powersteering:
- RSX high pressure powersteering hose and return line
- 92 Civic P/S resevoir w/ bracket and a section of hydraulic hose to go from the pump to the resevoir

As you can see if you add it the totals that is about what it cost to the swap.
:roll: