To Be Or Not To Be: hood pins for a CF hood???

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's up everyone? I have a question: I recently brought a CF hood from ABS Dynamics and it installed perfectly on my '98 EX. ABS states that hood pins are not necessary for their hoods. What would be your recommendations? Should I install hood pins? I personally think that the hood looks so much cleaner w/out the hood pins and they would take away from the splinders of carbon fiber. Any suggestions and personal experiences with CF hoods would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally i would. If i ever get an aftermarket hood i am going to get hood pins. The extra security is worth it. I've seen more than enough pictures of mustangs that had their fiberglass hoods fly off. It isn't pretty, the windshield and roof were bashed in quite badly. They were lucky no one was hurt.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if the hood shuts and latches fine like the stock hood does, then u wont need pins at all..... fukk em =)

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much you get that for man? what grade is it?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hood pins are gay IMO... unless you got a really heated engine, then i might suggest it

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I have a VIS oem hood on my hatch and I put hood pins on to be on the safe side. I noticed the corners of the hood pulling up while only going 50. So I bought hood pins to help prevent the latch from breaking. I didn't used to like the way they looked before and would rather go without them. But now that they are on, it makes the hood stand out alot more. :twocents:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SeanJohn1802"

hood pins are gay IMO... unless you got a really heated engine, then i might suggest it
agreed.. i get where justin is coming from though, by them making the hood stand out more. cuz they certainly do, but.. that's something that's just not my style :twocents:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forget hood pins..... i have hood locks on my car..... not sold on the look, but it doesn't bother me... it'll take a while to get the hood open without the key, so they're going to have to tow it away if they want it